The post event positivity thread

I thought the punchline was going to be that after 1 day you realised you could not spend that much time together !!

1 Like

On the contrary, I love my wife to bits, we get on brilliantly regardless of life’s challenges (and we’ve had a few biggies) and if there’s anyone in the world I want to be quarantined with, it’s her.

Soppy bugger, I know, but the truth doesn’t always have to hurt… :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

moved to a different post

Looking forward to a long guilt free run round god’s country :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Big spike in adoptions of rescue dogs apparently. People who’ve always wanted one but didn’t have the block of time to house-train.

3 Likes

Feral kids…!

Lol

Made me laugh that …!

In Spain you cannot go for a walk unless you are walking a dog…apparently there is now a black market where owners are renting their dogs out per 30 min
True story !

1 Like

i saw footage of one guy in Spain walking a stuffed toy dog!

2 Likes

Brilliant

There is a hilarious video of a dude in Spain walking on the road dressed as a huge T-Rex and being stopped by the police.
I found it funny; but have been cooped up inside for 8 days so there’s that…

2 Likes

I was chatting to another dog walker this morning and he was saying that the “borrow my dog” website had seen a surge in interest from people looking for dogs to walk in recent days.

That’s kind of been my attitude to training in general for the last few years.

When I was rowing it was all about competing for places in crews and then building through the whole year to Henley. I brought the same mindset with me when I switched to tri and took up IM. All of my eggs were definitely in one basket and I found that I was resenting the training programme and not enjoying the big race.

Now it’s all about enjoying the training and using it as a release from avery stressful job. The last few IMs I did were very much about enjoying the race experience with no pressure to hit a time or race position.

I find the stuff I do with HotChillee really satisfying too. It’s great to be heloing out people who are just starting out in cycling and seeing them develop into better riders.

3 Likes

The Covid 19 thread for all its negativity meant I found out @Clive lives not too far away. So when it’s done and dusted his suggestion of a ride and a beer sounds a great idea.

Anyone else want to plan a post end end or group catch up?

2 Likes

Stay on topic please, the Daughter Corner beckons!

Genuinely thought @Poet suggestion of a makeshift triathlon was a good one.

Even if we could agree on a spot for a day on the saddle would be great :+1:t2:

4 Likes

if anyone is perhaps coming to the end of their tri “career” and is looking to stay involved, why not think of moving to the Darkside and become a TO (Technical Official)?? this is something Mrs FB and I started about 10 years ago while still competing, but it’s now become our main involvement. it keeps you involved with the sport, you get to meet some great people and watch athletes develop over a period, and once experienced you get to work at major events both in the UK and Internationally. the downside is you don’t get paid to do it… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

if interested, PM me and I’d be happy to help and answer any questions.

1 Like

That was my idea back in 2008!
Not sure who mooted it this time around???

I signed up to be a TO this year and had my placements planned. Still looking forward to helping out in the futureimage

1 Like

well done! which region are you in??

it’s going to be some time before we get to do any events - I can see the event embargo extending well beyond the end of April.

I have UK, European and World champ events in the diary - not sure I’ll get to do any but with some luck the World Multisports Champs in Almere in September will still go ahead, and that’s one I’m keen to be at.

I’m planning some “virtual triathlons” over on TR, nothing firm yet but I don’t think it’s worth planning anything beyond the next couple of weeks right now.

I’ve got a 30km bike loop and 10.5km run loop I can scale to middle distance, then there’s always the Zwift option.

From my walk yesterday evening

4 Likes