The Sleep Thread

The only game I played regularly for about 6mths was Doom. We had a little group at Larrys that would play after work because nobody at home had a connection good enough.

Could it be related to pollen?

2 Likes

I wouldnt rule anything out but I have never suffered with any type of hay fever in the past. Although I do get occasional eczema and it is bad at the minute. I have never been able to correlate the times when it is bad with anything else so could be pollen I guess.

Worth taking an antihistamine, or is that just going to make me drowsy?

I would say I feel slightly better today. Garmin reckons 7.5 hours sleep. I remember waking only once at 3:30 and taking about 20 mins to get back to sleep but otherwise slept well.

My hayfever is well managed but it’s often hard to separate out from my asthma / house dust allergy. I get peaks of wheeziness in May and then July (the latter from tree pollen) but it tends to only become problematic in a group on a long ride when it’s hard to back off the pace to manage symptoms.

I get dermatitis / eczema a few times a year, generally correlated with work stress but also more often in colder winter months. I’ve never accurately recorded it so no idea if there’s any periodicity by time of year.

Antihistamines don’t help at all with any of the above but I carry some strong tablets on every summer ride in case I get stung - I swell up like elephant man for a couple of days.
Last year I got stung on the lip by a wasp between Vyrnwy and Machynlleth (middle of nowhere to those not familiar with the area), took a tablet straight away and no swelling at all. Lucky really as was 30+ miles back to the car over the Hirnant pass and not sure what medical support I could get in mid Wales.

All of which has nothing to do with sleep!

1 Like

How would you have pronounced those places before you got stung on the lip? :wink:

4 Likes

I was getting 7 hours a night, however, the arrival of this little madam has put an end to that!

Chihuahua number 7 joins the family.

10 Likes

:astonished:

3 Likes

Is he eating them?

Took a full day off work today and slept a second time getting me another hour and a bit in the morning.

1 Like

I had a dream!

Not that all people were equal, but that I was swimming. Nice to think I train when my lights are out. Unfortunately it was one of those dreams where things are impossibly hard - breastroke has like pull up hard.

Anyhoo. I had a dream in 2022.:grinning:

8 Likes

Wide awake club here. Been in bed for 1.5 hours. My mind keeps wanting me to listen to a piece of music. Driving me mad where I heard it. Had to google the lyrics.

Last couple of nights ive had some very odd dreams. But in all of them, I was being chased or running away from something. But no matter how hard i tried, i couldnt run fast, legs wouldnt move.

Google tells me this is beause in REM sleep your muscles are paralysed and your brain knows that. Dream analysis also suggests it means you lack self confidence which is true.

Anyway back to counting sheep.

10 Likes

Got to sleep late last night as I was needing to write out a Pythagorus proof, and then I realised that I wanted (needed?) to prove that (x+y)(x+y)=xx+2xy+yy (how do you do squared on a keyboard?) and then I just lost the will and put my head back down!

3 Likes

LOL sounds like the sort of random dream I often have.

Or was this while you were actually still awake? :thinking:

^2 is an easy way

1 Like

Asterisk asterisk in some programming languages.
So I tend to use that :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I was awake! As I have been now for approaching 30 hours! Had to work last night, not being very productive today, will probably sack it off in an hour and go home.

4 Likes

Hello sleep, my old friend :joy:

Almost 12 hours last night!

10 Likes

Woke up coughing every night at 1am for the last three nights, which is usually about an hour after got to sleep.

The sad thing is that my sleep is so bad that Garmin scores a night with one hour awake up and coughing the same as my usual nights quality :sob:

So, wake me up at 1 every night will you? We’ll see about that…I stayed up until 1am last night. No cough. Win! Went to sleep.

Woke up at 3:45 coughing.

2 Likes

Ah… but it delayed the couging wake up by 1:45, so that’s a win… right?

I have a new (to me) thing of waking up between 3:45 and 4:30 hotter than the sun. I end up throwing off my duvet, and in about 10 minutes I’ve cooled back down, and can get back to sleep. It’s very strange.

1 Like

welcome to my world of the last 20+ years.

1 Like

Another quality night. Me and the wife seem to be alternating between no sleep and crashing out. Constant tag team between all the animals last night - just relentless.

2 Likes

Couple of poor nights for me, get to sleep no problem then wake up and brain goes into overdrive for ages and no real reason other than to piss me off :roll_eyes:

Then get a decent night

1 Like