The Sleep Thread

Tues and Thursdays always seem to be a problem getting to sleep; cant imagine what the common denominator is there :thinking:

1 Like

Looks like a decent set of threshold intervals on the turbo…

4 Likes

Had to do some manual labour on Sunday night 6.00pm until 6.00am so no sleep (well 15 minutes before I had to get up to do the school run!), Monday was difficult, Tuesday reasonably recovered, today I have been able to go to the gym. Lower back niggling a bit, weekend exertions since the half marathon a few weeks ago and relatively poor sleep have prevented full recovery. Will try to get to bed a bit earlier for a few nights.

2 Likes

Been knackered all week - super massive 10 hrs Friday/Sat

Needed that

3 Likes

I got my one good night per month last night :tada: But the cat woke me up a 5am because he’s an asshole so I don’t even feel good :frowning:

:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Speaking of sleep … has anyone tried any of the ‘boxed’ mattresses that seem to be very popular these days? Ours is knocking on for 7/8 years old now and getting pretty tired.

Thinking about Simba, Emma, Nectar etc.

Has anyone tried them? The Nectar ones have a 365 day trial period! I don’t know how easy it is to return them, but that seems pretty generous! I guess if you don’t get on with it, you’re going to make your mind up within a month realistically.

There always seems to be deals on with them, and i think Mrs GB gets some good Blue Light discounts on a couple of them.

We have mlily aria mattress and it is so comfy.

1 Like

Not come across that one, will look it up. Ta. :+1:t3:

MrsB has previous spinal injuries that still cause some problems and she prefers the support of memory foam mattresses over normal sprung. We had one of the original Tempur ones and a couple of years ago bought an Emma mattress. It’s been fine. Comfort is comparable between the two although the Emma is cooler I think. The only difference is the Emma doesn’t have edge support so it compresses down if you sit on the edge. I’m not sure if that’s just our model/choice or all of them? But no problems so far and no signs of wear or other issues with it.

1 Like

Think our current one does that too.

We’ve got half memory and half spring I think, as we didn’t like the full memory foam one that we had previously.

Sounds like they’re going to be much of a muchness I guess. If the trial periods are genuine then I don’t mind taking a risk and sending back if it’s not working for us. But I’m guessing they make that a bit of a pita to discourage you?

Emma just gone bust I think - bought by Bensons?

2 Likes

Good intel :+1:t3:

Can’t find anything online about it though. :thinking:

I don’t think they do - at least I don’t recall ever reading about someone who wasn’t happy and was stuck with it. I think it’s just something like you have to use a mattress protector. We do anyway so didn’t take too much notice of the terms.

1 Like

Ah - soz - it was Eve Sleep Bensons for Beds buys Eve Sleep hours after administrators called in | Retail industry | The Guardian

1 Like

I understand some of the words in your post. Clearly then I haven’t.

1 Like

IM fatigue hit yesterday eve, combined with ducked up flight sleep deprivation. I hit the sack about 9:30.

Woke up at 1am. Stayed in bed until 4:30, stood up thought about getting up. Went back to bed. Must’ve fallen asleep again at some point, woke up late feeling knackered got to work late and been shagged all day…

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I was worried about sleeping in a hostel in the centre of town at IM Portugal. I got there at 23:30 Thursday - the music was banging. From four or more sources.

Crawling into bed trying to not make a sound with five unseen strangers in the room - a tad stressful.

The music was quiter a dulled but loud cacophony.

I slept like a fucking baby every night…

I had to force myself to get up after 7 on race day(!)

5 Likes

Yep, despite the noise I’ve slept a lot better and usually get straight back to sleep if I get up.

Can’t think why I’m less stressed :roll_eyes:

Excludes pre race days!

3 Likes

Some sort of miracle has happened during and since Cascais.

It’s still a work in progress… I’m getting to bed more like 9/10 waking up between 3 and 5 then sleeping again. At least the watch thinks I’m getting the rest I need.

3 Likes

I think things have caught up with me, went to lie down for about 20 minutes this afternoon, was still struggling to get up 2 hours later :grimacing:

Probably won’t sleep tonight now but I’m feeling really lethargic, was thinking of swimming but that didn’t happen.

I’m sure my body will work things out soon.

6 Likes