The Sleep Thread

Went to sleep ( semi drunk ) at midnight, just woke up 12.5 hours later, I like a nice big sleep sometimes, once a week ish.

7 Likes

We slept out again last night. Not a great night as a storm blew in and there was a couple of hours of gusting winds and torrential rain. Nice and dry though… sleeping on top of what is effectively a sieve.

14 Likes

Nice. Is it just me or isnt that garden where the Teletubbies lived? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I would not get to sleep with those mutha cluckers clucking about.

2 Likes

That is a lush garden! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Is the bench small or far away? :wink:

4 Likes

Does make my garden look big that photo! It’s a 4ft bench. 1ft chickens :laughing:

1 Like

8h last night. That’s me for 2022 then.

Has anyone found meditation reduces stress, allows better sleep?

A friend of mine forwarded me an app, but I’m not sure I’m getting into it.

2 Likes

My daughter thought The Headspace app was useful when she was working shifts.

Was feeling a bit guilty yesterday as woke up after @symes had started IM Lanza and went to bed before he had finished. What a trooper (him, obv)

I never have any trouble sleeping but the flip side is I really do have trouble staying awake late. This can be a problem socially. We are going to this school leavers ball thing in a few weeks, not my choice at all but taking one for the team. It’s going to go on until 1am and I’m already wondering how I’m going to survive.

4 Likes

No obligation to stay at events more than 2hrs imo. Sociable catch up with people you like. I wouldn’t remember anything after 3hrs anyway…

1 Like

Lol, we are paying £80 per ticket, 3 of us going & Mrs FT likes to get her money’s worth. Can’t see us being allowed to slink off early. Also awkward pre arranged table plans, it would be a bit rude to the guys we are going with. Bet there will be fancy drinks made from grapes too, can’t be doing with all that :sleeping::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

EIGHTY POUNDS PER HEAD?!?!?

A Michelin starred tasting menu (7-8 courses at lunch) is the same damn price as that :exploding_head::money_with_wings:

(Mind you, I didn’t even go to my graduation as the coat of gowns and the tickets made me baulk - nah mate, I’ll keep my £200 and let me know where to pick my piece of paper up from, ta very muchly)

3 Likes

@fruit_thief surely the plan here is to go big. As you say, you can’t just leave early without appearing a bit rude so hit the beverages hard, life and soul for a couple of hours and then get carried home to bed nice and early. You’ll get to bed on time, everyone gets a brilliant story to dine out on for years to come and no one thinks you’re being rude.

4 Likes

Same. Did my shift at the NTL call centre and then went to the grad Ball and got utterly twatted with my mates that evening instead! :joy:

2 Likes

Last few days I have been sleeping ok-ish. Getting off to sleep reasonably quickly, but waking a few times a night. I think this maybe down to duvet battles with the wife though.

My Garmin stress shows I am well rested and its been the lowest its been for ages.

But I am soooooooooo tired. Like knackered from when I wake up. Bought some Berocca and Iron tablets in case I am a bit deficient there, although cant see why I would be.

Wife hasnt complained about my snoring recently and I have been wearing those nose strips which help a lot so I dont think there is an issue with my sleep.

5 Likes

Out of sheer boredom I bought my old favourite game Civilization, to while away the hours while sick and it’s fucked my sleep right up :laughing:. I kinda thought it might.turning off at 1-2am… waking up at 4-5am…:grimacing:

6 Likes

It’s 3.30am, I’ve been awake for an hour stressing about budget forecasting. Have to be on the road to Newport at 6.00

Bloody brilliant!

5 Likes

Civ 3 and 4, and early championship managers. So many nights of ‘oops it’s 2hrs later than I thought it was’

3 Likes

That’s seriously retro, CIV 6 has been out for years

1 Like