The Sleep Thread

The missus is a light sleeper but swears by her weighted blanket. She should have bought shares with the no. that have been bought on her recomendation. I can’t hack it though as I often sleep without any cover and it’s like navigating an obstical course cargo net to get in from the outside for a cuddle.

2 Likes

Ha, I’ve only just seen this (I think). The Metallica version is horrendous IMO. The guitar playing is ok but the singing, he doesn’t even try.

Not good at all.

1 Like

We slept much better last night, except I watched The Silent Sea before switching the light off.
I live with two skinny long haired Asian females, films like ‘Ringu’ don’t do my nerves much good. :worried: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Got 7hrs33m last night :partying_face:

But it was -1ºC so no garage training for me.

2 Likes

Now 5 nights in with it and it does seem to be having an effect.

Definitely falling asleep faster, but I am still waking up at 3-4am on and off.

However previously I would wake up with terrible anxiety, dark thoughts and a feeling of unease, somehow I have always been unable to think of positive things in the middle of the night.

But the past few nights have been a little more gentle - more a becoming generally aware that I am awake and a much more relaxed experience, generally I have been falling back to sleep after a bit, Before once I was a awake that was it for the night.

It isn’t without problems, the blanket itself is covered in a faux fur which isn’t very comfortable for me - its simply too soft, so I may have to swap the cover for something else. Also there have been a few moments of confusion where I wake up not knowing what is on top of me weighing me down.

Of course the effect could be entirely placebic, but as its working I don’t really care

4 Likes

The missus has hers in a regular duvet cover.

1 Like

How does that work, do you have completely separate covers?

That seems to be quote common in Europe based upon a number of places I’ve stayed at, but I’ve usually been travelling solo (for work), so it was like a very large bed with a single cover to small for it for just me.

1 Like

Two separate covers currently, this has added advantages for me, Louise is a duvet thief, so this stops that problem completely.

1 Like

Yes I’ve got a light weight single duvet although we do manage with just a double bed unlike the rest of the TTers. I say manage, it’s a tight squeeze if the labrador is taking refuge from any fireworks.

2 Likes

Just when you think you’re getting on top of it

2 Likes

4 hours

That’s no good !

Or is the watch ducked ?!

Was out for a few hours last night and didn’t want to sleep when I got back, cat wakes us up miaowing before six every morning now.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of rough nights in a row, not that bad but already feeling it a bit.

Really does affect the mood and energy levels.

2 Likes

My only covid symptom.

I’ve slept 11-12 hours in every 24 for the last week.

Usually in 2 8/4 hour sleeps.

Certainly feel rested I think we are only just realising just how important sleep really is for athletic improvement and well being

3 Likes

One of my friends has just had it and was having similar sleeps, up to 12 hours and normally survives on 6-8 I think. Or naps in between.

I do usually try and get 8+ per night and go to bed with that intention, brain doesn’t always let me though!

When I was off over Christmas I made sure I kept almost the same routine, in bed about 10, awake about 8 so was generally getting 9 per day (I realise 10pm - 8am =10 hours). Felt so much better for it, 9 does seem to be my sweetspot but 8 is ok.

2 Likes

Hopefully I’ll end my career doing nights ( swop for day shifts) that first change over day is still awful …. Athletically your awful and your brain just stops working.

Also alcohol I’ve drank night on night off for 9 days.

Never drunk 5-6 units in 2-3 hours I don’t drink much anyways, but the difference in performance and totals in my long circuits is evident … it really doesn’t help you athletically but it’s NICE !

4 Likes

I’ll report back on that tomorrow as I’m supposed to be going for a few pints tonight! Hardly drink myself, never at home but although I can exercise the day after within reason it feels largely pointless and a waste of time.

2 Likes

Amen to that

1 Like

I may never see this again in 2022!

8 Likes

I had a good sleep too. Shipped the kids off to grandparents, meal out, pub then slept in until 9.00! First sleep in for a long time!

4 Likes