The Sleep Thread

Good sleeps all round. 3.75hrs this morning, 4.5hrs this evening.
Very rare I get 8hrs whilst on nights!

1 Like

I have no problem sleeping and slept 9 hours last night, 10pm-7am, and then straight after lunch fell asleep on the sofa flat on my back with the cat on my chest for another 90 minutes

Feel super-chilled now, unfortunately tomorrow is Monday so that feeling won’t last very long

8 Likes

11 hours last night.

BUT… Friday night was my maddest night out for 20? Years.

No details… well certainly not on this site anyway.

I’m pretty sure 99% of you wouldn’t believe me anyway.

Totally shameful for a mid fifties part time fitness nut…. It was brill !

Probably my last grand session.

8 Likes

I have sleep envy. I don’t know what my problem is but I find sleeping so hard.

2 Likes

Last night I had one of those horrible ultra realistic nightmares, you know actual things that could happen, not being chased by dragons. I woke up my heart beating out of my chest, paralysed with terror. Calmed down and went back to sleep only for the fucking nightmare to pick up where it left out.

6 Likes

Try magnesium (citrate ideally) supplements. Really does help with sleep and can improve mood a bit too. Just be careful on quantity if you take the powder body as it is a laxative!

2 Likes

I bought some “sleep nutrients”. Has Magnesium and tart cherry extract which is supposed to help somehow and some other crap. Not sure I saw much difference but perhaps I need a run of taking them

The cherry juice sometimes helps me.

1 Like

Probably not got enough Magnesium in them to make a difference or I would say you’d notice a difference pretty much straight away

1 Like

I will have a look at some others. Im also not sure if doses for that sort of thing need to go up to take account of my size.

I’d be looking at straight magnesium tablets or the citrate powder you can get from myprotien

1 Like

That’s awful, I hate that realism!

I don’t recall any of the dream, but a couple months ago I woke up with that absolute all body fear and was starting to give my fiance CPR.
On reflection she was probably more scared than me.

4 Likes

My wife has to occasional dream that become real world action. Like shaking me awake.

Last nights I was on holiday somewhere. I was aware that my family were with me, but I couldn’t really see them, and some other people were there. Anyway suddenly loads of planes starting crashing into things, and we were deciding if we should get off the island and how, and then more started crashing and one crashed and the engine flew off and hit our building. Fucking terrifying.

Not happened in a while but 3 or 4 times I’ve had a dream where I’ve needed to shout for help but nothing would come out, like I was on mute. I’d wake and my wife would tell be i’d actually been shouting in my sleep like at the top of my voice.

2 Likes

Ah, anxiety dreams

Anyone have this one? You hear a noise in the house. It’s probably nothing, but you go to switch the light on. BUT THE LIGHT STAYS OFF AND THE NOISE GETS CLOSER

I hate that dream, wake up with HR in zone 3 every time

The other one is that I have to sit Chemistry A-level in the morning. That’s another very unpleasant dream.

2 Likes

I shouldn’t be laughing at these should I?

6 Likes

Why not !

There all alive … “ it’s only a dream “

3 Likes

My wife dreams something bad about me then blames me for it in real life

:man_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

Now that’s funny!

Don’t give her cheese after tea!

1 Like

I don’t have the same anxiety dream but I fairly often have the same type of one. It’s always that I’ve committed some horrible crime, usually I’ve killed someone or I’m on the run or something.

Then I wake up, check around the room and realise the only crimes I’ve committed are ones against style. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes