The Sleep Thread

Think I was 15. Not sure why my sleep score was low, I’d have rated it at least 7 and probably 8. It’s one thing I absolutely prioritise.

Shame my bladder didn’t feel the same :weary:

1 Like

Yes, did this a while back :+1:

3 Likes

Despite whatever the questionnaire reckons, certainly wasn’t an 8.9 last night. Club swim 8pm and my nose was chlorine-blocked most of the night which kept waking me up :roll_eyes:

1 Like

8.3 sleep score … thought more about it on the census than I’d probably ever thought before!

Chronotype … 19/25 … lark

2 Likes

I get that when I swim on an evening and even worse when I go in the river.

Erm, I realise there’s no chlorine in there and it’s probably pollen on the water, or me inhaling water :nauseated_face:

1 Like

7 Likes

2.5 no surprise there. Cant get to sleep, cant stay asleep.

I bought some inulin fibre. The BBC sleep experiment tried this and a lot of people said it improved their sleep massively.

Will see how I get on.

2 Likes

8.1 and a 22 for me

1 Like

8.9 and 21 for me.

Bit misleading though as I’m happy being active in the morning and evening

2 Likes

Tart cherry juice seems to help me

3.9 and 18 for me :disappointed:

6.4 & 18.

2.5, 17

Got value from doing the forms again - I now remember why. My answers tell me my problem isn’t sleep per se, it’s stress. I think it’s sleep because I don’t sleep much but it’s just a symptom. And the stress is, well what I always complain about down the pub, so no surprises there. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Jesus, I thought my score was low! Most of mine is stress/anxiety and light sleeping.

I don’t go to the pub! :smile:

3.1 & 13
Suspect this will improve massively should the cat ever die. Starting to sense she might outlive me tho

9 Likes

And it just gets worse and worse…the big block at the end was only cause I binned off going into the office and went to sleep on sofa.
One thing after another waking me up, then taking ages to get to sleep with burning legs from last nights race.

2 Likes

How do people’s deep sleep compare?

Not sure if it’s the inaccuracy of my watch but i supposedly get very little deep sleep. Isn’t entirely accurate, as my watch often thinks I start sleeping earlier than I do if I’m just very still on the sofa relaxing. Guess my hr drops easily and I am recovering in some wya.

It’s the REM where you’re repairing, right? Or wrong? What’s the deep doing?

1 Like

I don’t wear my watch every night but I do fall asleep very quickly and like a log

3 Likes

9h average?! Impressive. I suppose that’s on the back of the watch thinking you’re falling asleep earlier than you do. My deep stats are similar to yours. @Adam is winning with the deep sleep :clap:

I had a blip at the weekend, as I was at a work party until 1:30am - then we got up at 7am for junior parkrun.

2 Likes