Things that show you’ve been doing tri for too long!

2 Likes

pick any year

5 Likes

Wow, the speedo/crop top combination, why did that go away?

4 Likes

That collection is genuinely impressive!

1 Like

they all have the same articles in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh my!!!

1 Like

I used to listen to Ironman Talk

5 Likes

I tried a blender challenge…….

1 Like

I used to have a SealMask

1 Like

Mangled trotters with lost toenails growing back strangely.

No photos……:nauseated_face:

5 Likes

I remember that one, worst podcasting in history but hilarious at the same time.

It was very funny…. John was so pissed off that the cheap blender was just as good…… :joy:

1 Like

My first tri was 2017, I don’t belong in here

7 Likes

We all belong.

This is our community…!

Did I just say that ?!?

2 Likes

Just done your Equality & Diversity trg?

4 Likes

All training scrapped recently, just started again, I actually meant that, this last week has shown that for me.

I did reply to a black ex prison officer who did a tri at the weekend this morning, really nice fella, but very strong views on BLM etc.

Says he was made to feel very welcome at the local club, we knew that already, and aced his race.

So done my bit for the sport today.

4 Likes

Yes, we can be as open to all comers as we want, but people have to want to come along. Some of the ‘resistance’ created is cultural, some is marketing. Zwift certainly pushing the diversity with their ads; although interestingly no asian people in the ads - maybe because Zwift is extremely popular in SE asia/Japan already?

3 Likes

Entry cost is probably a fairly high factor too for many. Even if its just perceived. At an absolute minimum your need a bike and helmet of some description, trainers and potentially a wetsuit (even if its rented).

1 Like

Markie R had a friend who did that…

5 Likes

It’s the biggest barrier for those who think about doing a tri…

1 Like