Tokyo 2020(1) - with spoilers

Doh, can’t even read my own screenshot properly :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Does Luis have form? The Norwegian’s could be great allies in the chase pack out of the swim, I’m not sure there are enough front pack swimmers prepared to bury themselves to stay away especially on such a flat course.

Yee has to be thinking of a medal. Even if a pack stays away I predict someone from the 2nd pack will run to a medal.

I worry the women will be a repeat of Rio, with 2 away and clear - Duffy, Spirig? Then GTB and Learmonth battle over bronze.

Relay should get a medal, but again, not gold.

…uses fingers to count back 8 hours from Japanese time :sweat_smile:

Hard to say as there has been so little racing this year, he only did yokohama , but unbeatable end of last year after the return.

Norwegians are indeed a threat/ally as blumenfelt is willing to work, but he’s a big unit so heat could be a factor there.

I don’t think we’ve seen any. He’s got the class for the podium obviously, but nothing would surprise me less than Blummenfelt in the top spot.

I have higher hopes than 12th for Johnny, he’s got a shot at Gold even if he isnt favourite.

Women, we have the depth of field but Duffy and Spirig…

All at 10.30pm, tomorrow night, women Monday and relay Friday night

Shall we start a Watch Party?

1 Like

Does this work?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/together/join/769022011633

——

Actually forget that, it doesn’t seem to have any benefit for live events over just watching it

Might be negative post but so many strong contenders this time round and such an open race depending on tactics for the men, plus unknown of lack of racing . Think the GB management should be happy to get any medal with a field including Luis, Mola, Norwegians.
Women narrower and exciting for the Brits against Spirig Kingma Duffy Taylor-nibb

[quote=“buzz, post:42, topic:2776”])
Relay should get a medal, but again, not gold.
[/quote]

Not sure on should. Definitely in the mix but France Aus US Spain will all be hard to beat.

Wonder which one of the Dutch team will win the women’s road race? Clean sweep of the podium maybe?

1 Like

Maybe the Austrian will hold on fro the win if she can keep the gap over the top of the climb, the bookies seem to think so

2 mins over the chasers with 16km to go

And chasers who are going backwards as well

Shocking tactics from the big teams. AVV attacking just neutralised the strongest team (Netherlands) when they needed to be working to close the gap on the leaders

I just read that VV crossed the line after breaking away, celebrating because she thought she’d won. But the Austrian lady had already won a couple of mins earlier. :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Yep, she thought she’d won. BBC did a post race interview with Lizzie Deignan and she thought AVV had won too! :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

The joys of no race radio!

2 Likes

Exactly

Indeed.

There was a certain amount of schadfreude with the Dutch result. They have such an expectation to dominate the race however they feel and they fucked up.

2 Likes

Pontoon draw for the men
Jonny on the far left, Yee on the right.

2 Likes