Training outdoors in winter: yes or no

It’s a beautiful morning here too.

For ZWIFT

3 Likes

Glorious sunshine creeping through my garden as I’m sat in the holding pen :rofl:

1 Like

Probably will go for a long walk later. Quick cup of coffee and then washing both cars, uggh

Spoke too soon, ice maiden wants to go for a run again

5 Likes

Wasn’t too bad outside. Cold but not crazy. Toes and fingertips are chilly, but my body is sweating hot!

Was a beaut of a morning though. The odd frozen puddle in the colder areas. Legs on the other hand were deffo not beautiful!

5 Likes

Show her where the dreadmill is!

2 Likes

-2°c here, light covering of snow.

Was supposed to go to gym for a Wattbike session but slept in.

That’s my window of opportunity gone for the day.

2 Likes

Cleaned the cars. Nice swirl marks in ice on the windscreen now and I had to de-ice the water run off on the pavement.

File under: Shouldn’t have bothered. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Frikken snow with a white out so no running as all the trails are closed after the trees were downed or weakened so no playing there until it has been assessed.

4 Likes

Made it to the coffee shop. Hardly Ranulph Fiennes worthy🤣

2 Likes

Your all gay :cold_face::relaxed:

75km in 3 hours trying not to die :rofl::clap:t3:

15 Likes

Bonkers but impressive :muscle:

Guess it’s a yes from me as well, but not much love today so it’s a shorter route and very easy.

11 Likes

Nice :+1:t3::cloud_with_snow:

1 Like

You’re :wink:

3 Likes

3f0e29f3b66363d87704678cefdaf72decf78548

3 Likes

Nice!

LO and I finished our 6km walk. Not feeling worthy :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess we all have different motivations for our exercise.

For me, there’s nothing more challenging than being in the Loch at single digit degrees, running in deep snow and blizzards, and cycling in wet cold weather. My usual Lake District triathlons don’t usually produce Summer indoor weather :grin: :joy: :rofl:

I also love being alive, being able to experience and love all of the seasons and their pleasures, their sights, their sounds, and their scents. Just love it.

Now, if I didn’t have a house and stove to go back to, and perhaps was living in a tent, then I may just hide :grinning:

4 Likes

Ah……we’ve gone past the point of TT1.0 memes not being recognised

7 Likes

After 3 nasty spills on black ice - one involving me head smashing against the tarmac and one involving going under the rear of a car - I will quite happily sit on the turbo.

Run wise, it’s pouring rain or again the threat of ice. Had two tumbles in the snow in Feb, so will defer to the treadmill if need be

8 Likes

12 Likes