Training - What Training?!

2.8k swim trying to get some level of endurance again, first 20 minutes or so a 25m pool to myself, must keep up this level of personal hygiene if this is the result :slight_smile:

Couple of hours off then 30k on the fixie just for shits n giggles

8 Likes

The chips were a loaded vegan chilli chips. Just to the left of the pier, down the steps on the boardwalk. There’s a restaurant with lots of tables out. It’s not that one! To its right is another small place, looks like a bar / nightclub, but they also have seating with umbrellas. Sorry mate, can’t remember the name of it. Then we stopped at Tanhiuse farm for the smoothie. Only 5 miles from Dorking, but we were flagging by then

2 Likes

Were the Donkey’s out?

1 Like

Haha no worries!

Yeah, Tanhouse And that post office in Newdigate are good for getting you out of the shit!

I see you took Leatherhead and avoided Box too :wink:

I’ve got the bike out and set an alarm :crossed_fingers:t2:
Been told I don’t have to back until 2:45 so I have no pressure. It it’s best to get these things out of the way if I can!

ETA - just done an hour on the turbo after 13 days off. Holiday wasn’t ideal timing given that IM Wales is just round the corner but hey, I don’t get much of a say when it comes to holidays in this house. Legs felt really good actually, ready for some punishment :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Treadmill

Intervals 5x1km @ 14kmh - for me that’s hard - after the first didn’t think I would manage 3 never mind all five - chuffed that I did but in bits

No hiding place on the treadmill

12 Likes

Just looked on Google maps. The big place is called Captains. It’s next door to that.

1 Like

Up early for 7km starting at the snowdon mountain railway station, my shortest day in ages!

10 Likes

Up Llanberis Path?
First part is horrific on that tarmac, rest is lovely that time of day, proper hurts on the way down :joy:

I did it at 7pm ish one year, in September, was back down “just” before dusk. Absolutely stunning.

Have fun :heart_eyes:

50 l swim nearly a k in a Luke warm tiny pool full of lady breast strokers ?!?

It’s normally empty!

3 mins quicker again 4l fc 1 breast… repeat.

21 mins or so, crap but less crap I guess.

7 Likes

I did a bike ride.
About 2 hours. About 60km. About 30kmh.
Felt not great :joy:

9 Likes

Really? We’ve had pants weather over here all morning. I’ve just got back from dropping my lad & his gf at the station & it’s still undecided.

I’m thinking turbo.

1 Like

Oh. That was last night.
It’s been chucking it down all morning here.

1 Like

Lovely ride in this morning.

4 Likes

Well, I did not get up for my alarm and just as well.

I did however, get out for 100kms in the Surrey Hills. Cracking day down here with a bit of a wind though

First time up the climb at Denbies vineyard but I was seriously starting to flag at this point, it was only at about 70km!

I should have stopped at the coffee van on the top of Ranmore but stupidly decided to crack on. By the time I made it to Cobham I was pretty close to bonking :sweat_smile: - then made a beeline to a newsagents in Oxshot and threw five pounds of sugar at the situation. Sat down for a few minutes, ate an entire milky bar slab and a bag of sour patch watermelons and washed that down with 500mls of fat boy coke. Then rode the final stretch on that sugar rush :rofl:

Good ride and route but I need a sit down!

17 Likes

On a 100km ride? :rofl:

You’ve changed, man.

1 Like

Tell me about it. I was dead :skull:

1 Like

Felt like me last night - wheezing like a seaside donkey, so I was :rofl:

“A” group did three hills at the same average speed as my flat ride :roll_eyes:

Don’t think I’ll be riding off the front in a huff this weekend :rofl:

“Bonking” always reminds me of this guy I used to ride with.
Swore by Ribena/Vimto cordial with a pinch of salt.
Well, one day it finally happened. Utter implosion in the middle of the Peaks. Only way out was hills. He told us to abandon him. We did. Took him 2 hours to do 16 miles :joy:
It’s stuff like that which fills me with dread and I make sure to stock up!!

OH I did the same back in 2018 when I started riding again :rofl:
Did a 100 miler through the Peaks. Got to Bakewell (50 miles) in about 4 hours. Ate the CoOp. Rang my wife and told her it wasn’t going great. Abandoned by route half way up some hill, rode along an old railway line to Buxton; ate the garage at Morrisons. Cried as the only way out was hills. Managed to climb my ass over one, hit the main road, tried to TT it home; blew again. Garage time. Again. Think that ride ended up taking 8 hours :man_facepalming:t4:

9 Likes

On the 50 mile :biking_man: :dash: loop

View of Ben something, Ben fuckknows, and Ben fuckknowswhat, coming down Crow Road to Fintry

Top of tak ma doon

Great views of spladger’s arse, cockmaheygo and Filching - no, in all seriousness I have no idea what any of it is

Climb out of Fintry know locally as beef curtains

That’s also untrue

Here is Kilsyth’s equivalent to the tarpeian rock…

They throw English people off the top who don’t swear their blind allegiance to Nicola Sturgeon. Although there is evidence of dissent growing amongst the indigenous population. Graffiti can be seen scrawled on many a gable wall, exclaiming ‘Scottish nonce party’

Bird that sits still for ages and does this really funny projectile liquid poop - it’s hilarious - you have to take your thrills where you can get them up here

20 Likes

Bike is in for a service so 55k zwift ride followed by a 5k brick run. It took a few k for legs to feel OK.

Tomorrow open water swim, cycle back, 3k run.

Sunday looking for a zwift race then another 3k.

Which should take me to 11h for the week. Week on Sunday I’ve got a sprint Tri race so steady week. Planning some mile repeats on Tuesday but then not much more intensity. Good thing with sprints is the taper doesn’t have to be too long.

4 Likes

Still no pool rage at the heavenly Aquatic Centre, but my paddles did become whirling Blades of Death a couple of times. Not rage honest.

4 Likes