Training - What Training?!

Bit of a hero day in the end after first swim I went to help my mates kid who is being bullied ( quite badly ) in school.
He’s really tall fir his age and has a big right hook ( potentially) but zero confidence.

We set up quite a hard hour circuit which he seemed to really enjoy and could come in useful if the little rats start putting it on him again.

Completely empty in the way home I did my second swim of the day… another 1 km but with a pull buoy as I was pretty light headed getting in… 20:02 with no propulsion from the arms … ish.

Nowt compared to some of the stuff you lot are doing but it’s a start !

16 Likes

Nah, it was mostly flat along the lake, although 'cos some work guys were out strimming the path I turned early to not annoy them twice running past to make them wait I added a bit of the hills out of town.

Walked up the Pyg path later and down lanberris path, the tarmac at the bottom is super steep.

2 Likes

5 mile steady run this morning, 38 minutes.

Will swim for 30 minutes tonight.

5 Likes

Not trained for a week as we’ve been to North Yorkshire for a break. Had a great time but genuinely feel anxious having not trained.

7 Likes

Another maintenance day.

I feel if i get out of the habit of training, it will be stupidly hard to get back into it…and my clothes

3.5km swim this morning
12 x 100m off 2:00
4 x 50m sprint off 1:30
1600m drills
500m Pull and paddles

Gym work

Box jumps
Squats
Single leg rear lunge
Hip thrusters
Single arm kettlebell swings

Turbo this evening

50 mins - 10 mins WU / 40mins at 67% FTP

8 Likes

A week off will recharge you ?!

No !?

1 Like

This tarmac section?

8 Likes

That’s the easy way! much tougher going down

1 Like

I’m #2 in the photo, I had to run up & down.

At the finish instead of the drips you get at IM finishes we had buckets of water to put our feet in :smiley:.

It didn’t stop the skin from our heels detaching :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t have a problem at all running up, running down would kill me, no way would I consider that. “kudos” !!

1 Like

Character building though?… I had a massive bonk cycling back to Granada ( well, el Padul ) from Guadix. Spent the night at La Calahora. Anyway what i thought would be a small climb between Guadix and Granada was another mountain range - don’t know why this was a surprise tbh! - but my god. I’m used to bonking. But this really was cycle a mile, stop and lie on the side of the road etc… finally got to a small town before suburbia and munched through a few bags of chips and I was ok to get through it all at the end. You needed a level of mental acuity to navigate all the various districts. I’ll post some images. They’re on an old fb page. But that was extreme bonking. Certainly a lesson.

That night - I went out with some of the folk from the hostales. You can get big baguette sandwiches from a diner just out of town. We drove out to get one each. Anyway I insisted we went back out and got another! That place was amazing. Open all hours. It’s the main road out of el padul heading for Lanjaron. It’s a truckers diner. First one you’ll see on the left hand side.

7 Likes

Walked parkrun, 46 mins, chatting with an Aussie lady walking round with her dog. DFL :smile:

11 Likes

Wee man papped into a party, popped to the pool round the corner. Forgot to switch my Garmin back to a 25m pool. Is it acceptable to only post the 5 sets of 50m I did before I noticed on Strava so it looks like I’ve made bonkers gains?

But anyway, 17 sets of 50m off 1min 15. All under 57seconds. So progress regardless :smile:

11 Likes

Took El Niño to Greenwich park run today, he did ok for his first race over a 2.5k XC! 23 mins, came 1st junior (its got a tough climb each of the 3 laps). Me I thought id die, my chest is bad again, havent pushed myself for a while either. I hated every minute of it until 30mins after it ended and cant wait to have another go. slowest 5k race ever (first in about 10years) 30.10 . Max HR 194 :hushed: No im not 26 and shows how crap 220 - age is :rofl:

16 Likes

Good work from El Niño :+1:

1 Like

Out this morning slogging through an easy run.

Feel like I’m pulling a cart behind me.

8 Likes

50 minutes in the gym this morning. Being a good boy and focusing on maintenance.

Rowing, 2x10 minutes.
S&C, donkey kicks, bridges, sumo squats, calf raises and sit ups.

9 Likes

Already hit my ten hours yesterday ! Hurray

Woke up with very sore shoulders !! Boo

A day in the garden shifting stones and moving railway sleepers all but finished me off, my planned swim got binned and stretched in the bubbles for 30 mins which is all I had to be honest !

Better tomorrow !!

10 Likes

St Neots Standard Du this morning, a qualifier but it’s not my favourite distance and it was just freshener to do with some mates four weeks out from Zofingen.
1st run bank on 6.55 pace from last Saturdays 10 mile effort, bike was 22.6 mph and stacked up ok for the extended 27 mile distance. Went backwards on second run at 7.14 average. Came 31st, would have qualified, should have put this in the races thread , but in my mind it was a training event :man_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

Awesome result even with the training mentality.

2 Likes