Training - What Training?!

Fingers crossed it all works out for youšŸ¤ž

1 Like

Muckle Yin TT to start the week.
Token effort.
2nd out of 3 starters in Cat C :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Honestly @FatPom, I have no idea how anyone can consistently do these type of races. Youā€™re a hero!

Especially as I laboured round 7.1km this morning, first thing.

31 minutes. 91m elevation.

6 Likes

Iā€™m too lazy to write a proper program for Arc, so just slam loads of races in and use them as my ā€˜long runsā€™ :smile: Iā€™ve actually enjoyed the variety of the 50kms Iā€™ve done this year.

Worryingly, the DNFs this year have been the longest races, Race to the Stones and Classic Qtr. Iā€™m hoping for a good showing at the three day Atlantic Coast Challenge. Need to finish each day in good spirits, if not a fast time. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

3.2km paddleboard.

300m ā€œswimā€ in shorts. In September. In the UK :exploding_head:
Like a bath so it was!!!

9 Likes

So Iā€™ve run every day for years nowā€¦

Today (sunday), I woke up about 6am, I had to be parked in the queue for ferry by 9, so that was good, plenty of time for a quick run, no-one up though, so no coffee, and as I walked out something bit me on the ankle - so that run (7km to bring me up to 50km for the week, my lowest week in years) wasnā€™t that good, especially as the entire route is alternating 10% up and 10% down, with just the less gradients at the tops or bottoms.

Ferry, Drive to airport, sit in airport, sit on plane, bus to car, drive ~2hours home, and the clock thinks itā€™s monday afternoon, so erm I guess I need to run againā€¦ 7km again, although this time around the flatter parts of west swindon, but someone had decided the temperature should be 28 and full sun so not actually nice conditions.

So a double day sort of - albeit seperated by about 20 hours - but as there was no sleep in between, Iā€™ll call it a double, even if my log wonā€™t.

8 Likes

Exactly.
Itā€™s glorious.
Long may it continue :white_check_mark::sun_with_face::sunny:

4 Likes

Oh I also forgot to mention that the bite swelled up massively such that my shoes only just fit, allergic reaction to whatever bit me, but it didnā€™t really impact me otherwise.

5 Likes

was it a Staffordshire bull terrier?

very impressive that you run every single day :clap:

have you managed to avoid injury? (except bites obv)

4 Likes

I dunno what it was, horse fly or something I guess, Iā€™ve swollen to all sorts of bites over the years.

Couldā€™ve been a bear or a land shark or something too, I never saw it.

No running injuries no, very occasional slight niggle that Iā€™m sure everyone would say I should restā€¦

3 Likes

donā€™t tell @fruit_thief

2 Likes

I also get savaged off insects and the wasp sting yesterday, my knee was pretty swollen from one this morning that I donā€™t even remember! Got at least 4 on the go ATM :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Tweaked my calf slightly on the boxing bag!

Fffs!

Still did the planned 10 mins t mill 0% at 8kph
2 mins rest then 9 kph. It felt fine at these speeds.

Then one length front crawl sprint ( I only really have one swim speed these days ) one length jogging in water for 30 mins.
Some strength stuff later and see how it is tomorrow

Frustrating to say the least

10 Likes

30 minute spin class this morning.

Had to ring my kit out in the sink afterwards.

5 Likes

Aqua aerobics??

1 Like

Ok ok ok
I was surrounded by 30 ā€œ older ā€œ ladies
80ā€s tunes and water aids!

Damn you sussed me!

5 Likes

66.2 kgs

Itā€™s no secret, I bloody love this hot sunny weather. It really does bring out the best in me (even with no events in the foreseeable future until that 10k Windermere swim next year). Diet ok, alcohol, only 1 day past month (Monday post interview that went averageā€¦ apparently donā€™t hear for weeks). I donā€™t miss the alcohol. In fact I love waking up feeling hyper and getting so much done, even more hyper and more done in this hot sunny weather, even at 1350ft above sea level. I just wish I didnā€™t sulk and opposite with shite weather.

Mon nice 0600 run up to golf ball and back. Steady away, about 35 mins up and a really nice slow 20 min amble down.

Tue bike intervals up to the radar, 2.5, increasing gears for each one. Eve swim in local reservoir, about 1400feet upwards, so was a bit cool, the hands felt it, and even though wetsuit was on, after 1/2 hour I was starting to feel the temp of the water. No-one about whatsoever. Glorious. Nice 45 min walk there and then back was so peaceful and serene.

My target has been to get weight down to 65kgs, then Iā€™ll be happy and content. Even turned down neighbours beer and bbq last night. Focussed! Will I stay focussed tho once the cold weather arrives and temple tells me that I need to build up the body fat reserves, hmmm, juryā€™s out :face_with_monocle: :thinking: :grin:

9 Likes

First club run in four weeks, how did that happen? Felt queasy so stopped after 45mins.

9 Likes

1950m swim.
Drills.
1:40/100m average.

Not sure Iā€™ll have a sub6 400m in two weeks, but thereā€™s hope :joy::person_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

I think the accepted term is ā€˜water buffaloā€™ isnā€™t it? :wink:

I just went for a 5km test runs and 1km walk home. Achillies felt ā€˜okā€™ but itā€™s actually the bottom of my left that let me know it wasnā€™t overly happy.
Hopefully just a bit of a hangover from the weekend. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes