Training - What Training?!

7 mile run

Not bad. Finally some spring in my step - surprising: most of this week been stuck indoors throwing work about.

First 4 went for it… had to walk for 5 mins, recomposed jogged the rest happily.

Way off marathon training programme - will prob have to start at ground zero

8 Likes

30 minute spin class. Thats ya lot.

6 Likes

Day off today, had to go into the office. uggh

4 Likes

Few rest days either side of the final dextrose knee injections yesterday. Hopefully be up and at 'em very soon.

Saw a young chap at Martyn’s Clinic in Leeds, must have been about 6’6’', built like a brick toilet. Apparently he was an Aberdeen F C player. I asked Martyn and he reckons of the folk he sees, about 15% are ‘non-pro athletes’ (that’s me) and 15% are pros eg rugby union, league, football.

4 Likes

Gym first thing.

15 minute row.
2 sets each of donkey kicks, banded clamshells, banded bridges, sumo squats, calf raises and ab cycle.

I will have a :peach: that contributes towards my running form (in a positive way).

Will try and swim later. Last one of the year!

6 Likes

Hmm, was meant to be closer to 30km but my left quad started going a bit tight but more worryingly, had that bloody hip pain again. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

50 minute run

Ok. Good I’m back on it…settling down

8 Likes

Tired after swimming last night, and busy day ahead which meant my only window was before everyone else woke up.

6.25km run.
27:01. 94m elevation.

11 Likes

First run in 2 weeks due to shitty cough/cold and shit loads of work

Beautiful morning

Son came over with his mate and his dog

Absolutely loved it - got a lot off my chest literally and metaphorically

A weekend of work lies ahead of me for a pre Christmas closing (feckers)

11 Likes

45 minute run

Little and often. Still on the kiddie slopes, no testing routes.

Hopefully in a week or so I’ll feel ready to do some harder/ longer sessions.

6 Likes

1:45 on the turbo - sadly my longest ride since Tenby :upside_down_face:

Will try and make this a habit

9 Likes

Usual 12 hours

Did the same circuit 3 times this week recommended to improve compromised running speed.

500 m run
500 m row
500 m run
500 m ski
500 m run … x3

100 wall balls ( 6 kg ball)

47 mins steady
45:09
43:12 ( today) pretty hard hence hr.
( gym record is 41:58)
Other delights include 2 hour static bike
A 3k swim in 54:55 pleased with this, loads of core and lifting pushing all kinds of mad shit.

5 Likes

unique?

Two actual outside rides have bumped my time this week, in the wind. Both included at cafe stop which will no doubt annoy Poet, but I’m a cyclist again init :roll_eyes: :joy:

11K of running and if I wasn’t a doyle at the parkrun in the last K I think the leg would have been a bit better today.

3 swims.

Total was 8:30 excluding any gym\rehab work. Better than I expected given the work pattern this week. Not sure what this week will bring as I’m away for a few days and not sure I’ll be running while I’m there except a parkrun.

7 Likes

Nice 2.5 hour run with a mate yesterday over a view local hills. Non-stop heavy rain and wind meant that we arrived back sodden but happy bunnies. A hilly run with friends is always pleasurable whatever the weather :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Outdoor ride y’day - wheezed and cough my way round a road bike ride of 35km at 24kmh :roll_eyes::sob::exploding_head:

I’m so unfit. Vicious cycle of; can breathe, don’t exercise, not enjoyable due to lack of fitness when I try.

12 Likes

Are you riding hilly routes? Hard to control your breathing when you have to make an effort.
What about some very easy running with plenty of walk breaks when needed? I find it’s easier to control stuff like this when not on a bike.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Not a hill in sight.
100km = 600m for me, which scales up and down.
I’ve a 200km route with 900m :face_with_peeking_eye:

I’m out of breath walking up the stairs, running is out of the question currently :x::dizzy_face:

10 Likes

When I said running, what I meant was ‘on your feet’, You get to choose exactly what you do, which isn’t always the case on a bike. Or some very easy turbo spinning?

Although, I don’t think I’d be training at all TBH. That sounds more than ‘out of shape’

4 Likes

I’d be interested to read that.

Last week was woeful for me, managed parkrun with a brief warmup and that was it. In my defense we had a 3 day trip to Lapland in the middle of the week, with day before and after pretty busy preparing/unpreparing(?), then various Xmas stuff (photo shoots, Panto, family meal out).

Managed a 7km run today so already looking much better than last week!

4 Likes