Training - What Training?!

Have had a poor couple of weeks training for me. Just struggled getting up in the mornings and lots on at work as well as Christmas stuff to do - but mostly just finding the constant rain had really affected my mood. I did manage a long run on Saturday following Boudicca’s Way. Was very muddy in places but really enjoyed myself.

I’ve got a couple of big days planned between Christmas and New Year to see where I’m at and trial nutrition and pacing. Looking forward to it despite the light training for the last few weeks

8 Likes

45 minute spin class from me. Thats ya lot.

Sorry to hear that you’re no better, @Poet. :pensive:

7 Likes

Busy weekend of work Xmas do on Saturday night, plenty of drinks and late to bed. I was up at 745 to collect my mate for XC at 10. Route had been extended, which would be fine normally but the plan was to get to XC race number 2 at 11. Check out the flyer from the snowman :joy: :snowman:

We had a 15 min to drive 3 miles, park and get to the start! Got to the line with 1 min to go! Legs were in bits from the off. Muddy course zapping any reserves. Good races and training though. I spent the afternoon in the sauna and cold showers.

Today I did a double run commute and then a hard swim this evening. Half way through, I could feel my legs pulsing with pre cramp so I had to hold back. Is there any way to prevent the cramp after running? I drank plenty of hydration about an hour before.

13 Likes

Post big training I find that combo of stretching and a few salted mixed nuts helps my cramp.

1 Like

n=1 but swim more

Used to get that all the time, but haven’t for ages since swimming most days .

(of course, could be conflating causation and association. Maybe it’s due to chicken shawarma.)

3 Likes

We should have a wheezing thread.

Im in the best place Ive been since June 2021. I get some days i feel bad but i am reasonably controlled again and this is because i forced myself to train, fitness improved a bit but it seems either by coincidence, luck or related my chest has improved to the point im back down to 2 x 100 Forstair twice a day , meaning i can use it to relieve as well now.

2 Likes

Yesterday, in office, didnt feel great and tired also so just a decent walk day and 1k of skills in the pool.

1 Like

Yeah good idea, I did minimal stretching so will try that.

@fruit_thief thanks, more swimming not really possible atm. It’s just a shame my hard swim is Monday evening which is after Sunday long run or race. I did some gentle swim kicking on the Sunday which I thought might help.

2 Likes

6km easy run earlier today. Absolutely torrid weather :cloud_with_rain:

31.53 at 5.18 pace

5 Likes

Trained twice today, trying to get rid of my chocolate belly.

Gym first thing.
3.5k row.
3 sets each of banded clamshells, banded and barbell bridges, military presses and side plank.

30 minute spin class at lunch.

10 Likes

Double post.

8.4km run first thing.
36 minutes. 106m elevation.

8 Likes

was a few cups in last night, Junior #3 said “do you want to get up early tomorrow and ride to Corton Denham beacon to see the sunrise?”. It’s a hill about 8 miles away with a view over the Somerset levels.

Well I said yes, always say yes (it’s genuinely a privilege to be able to do mad outdoor stuff with them & I certainly don’t take it for granted). But still, didn’t really expect him to follow through… but he did, 6.30am this morning banging on my bedroom door.

Wind was howling down the chimney and rattling the windows, took every last bit of self-control to get up, put on my bike gear (already wet and muddy from yesterday) find some new batteries for lights, and venture out into the dark lanes.

We got to the beacon, couldn’t see the sunrise because of thick clouds, but hunkered up and had a coffee from a flask he had brought and then headed home for breakfast.

There was a fallen tree blocking the road on the way home that wasn’t there on the way out … could have been nasty if we’d timed that one wrong :open_mouth:

24 Likes

6km family run, mega easy. (Mrs FP came :shushing_face: ) 38.43 at 6.27 pace

9 Likes

27000 steps today! Of which about 5K were an easy 5K with a couple of short walk breaks.

Leg is a bit better but I have been working on it a bit and I did wonder if less sitting down might help.

Need to keep it steady at any parkrun on Saturday!

10 Likes

60 minute spin class.

7 Likes

Double post.

Gym first thing.

3k row.
2 sets each of donkey kicks, banded clamshells, banded bridges, sumo squats, calf raises m, ab cycle.

6 Likes

18km trail/road. 13km to Parkrun then tried to stay with LO

7 Likes

7.2 km run first thing.

30 minutes. 90m elevation.

9 Likes

8.8 mile run :man_running: :dash:

Felt much better today. Turned into an impromptu fartlek… added an extra loop at end and could have continued.

Oh well… have a good break you lot. I’m not really in the spirit this year! Pretty chilled

9 Likes

Feck all today, sorting the last Christmas bits and now on the bevvies - happy Christmas TT!

10 Likes