Training - What Training?!

The more miserable the better - Arc here he comes :muscle:

5 Likes

11.2 km with the dog in the rain.

Oska is really a fair weather dog - had to drag him off the couch to get out

It’s been months since I did any regular training and so little running.

Determined to get back at it

9 Likes

30 minute spin class. Sweating out chocolate.

5 Likes

30km slog across the West Mendips. Muddy and windy AF, very tired now.

Top of Crooks Peak with Brent Knoll in the background.


We went through a village called Loxton but came out in the middle of it, so didn’t see any signs but did see this in the churchyard.

16 Likes

Big training day for me today. 112 miles on Zwift using a TT bike so no drafting. Nutrition went well and averaged a shade under 200W for 5h13m.

Quick shower and out in the wind for a marathon. Didn’t quite nail the nutrition and slowed quite a bit to drag myself round in 5h5m. 10h30m total

Learnt a lot and hope to test my recovery. Haven’t done much running recently so know i need to put some work in but quite happy with myself for not quitting.

24 Likes

nice :+1:

Crazy day!

And people say I’m mad !

That’s quite impressive to be honest.

1 Like

My wife has reminded me that I said I’d do the same tomorrow.

Not really feeling like it right now. Will see how I am in the morning.

7 Likes

2 x 10 hour days is the realm of 30 year old Ironman pros normally

The pubs are open lad.

Rest up, but whatever you do… enjoy!

4 Likes

Indeed. But since I’m doing 10 iron distances in 10 days next year I need a bit of prep.

From previous experience, what you do in the first 2 days pretty much dictates how you’ll manage overall. But since I’ve not completed a triathlon in a decade I need a bit of a memory jog

12 Likes

Good luck

Couldn’t manage even close. 45 mins and I gave up. Had a blister on my backside where my cycle shorts had rubbed the day before which didn’t help but simply not yet mentally strong enough.

Definitely need some more back to back days to build the mental strength. Cycling power was still good so better not to break myself any further today. Won’t be using those cycle shorts on a long ride again though

13 Likes

An outdoor flat ride

76km
2hr 40mins
28kmh
210W

Simples.
Christmas Dinner #3 now :roll_eyes::joy:

12 Likes

Nothing since Christmas Day Parkrun as I picked up a bug and had the squirts for a couple of days. 2023 can fecking do one, it’s been a terrible year exercise wise

14 Likes

4 x 1.25km lumpy intervals this morning, resting 2 minutes.

Expecting a little quicker but haven’t ran intervals in months.

Will do a 30 minute spin class this evening.

8 Likes

Built my power rack back up. About all I could manage today. Still its ready to go for next week.

24 Likes

Solid December…

Run

Cycling

19 Likes

My form score is sitting at 90%. Fresh as a daisy

3 Likes

How’s the injury healing?