Training - What Training?!

I’d guess the answer to your question lies in the first 6 or 7 words of your post.

How the duck are you not injured?

When is the race? Is in a desert ?

2 Likes

Bit of a breakthrough run today
Only 12.1 kph for an hour on a 1% t mill
Av hr 133, but I’ve only gone under 130 a few times, the last time was 2019.

I Guess my CrossFit fail…. Wasn’t completely.

8 Likes

No running means I can do a couple of swims a week and actually put some effort in. As a result, I’ve just beat one of my targets for the year, sub 20 for 1500m swim! :partying_face: Hoping to makes some GAINZ in cycling next :syringe:

14 Likes

whilst I’m not training in the same league as many of you guys, am quite pleased that me and Mrs FB completed the Concept 2 January challenge today of a minimum of 500m per day on rower or skier - all 31 days done.

some days we just did 500m if pushed for time - others we did various sets often over 5k.

over 68km done over the month

14 Likes

Doha half marathon 16th Feb. On city roads. Pancake flat and early morning so shouldn’t be much more than 20°C. Pretty perfect setting really, if only the temple comes good.

Going to try my last longer run tomorrow, had in mind 18km with the middle 10km at something like target pace. Although after today’s shambles may be revising that pace down a little .

Also got the 3rd race in the national Tri series on the 9th Feb, another sprint Tri with a sea swim👍 . Winter is when it all seems to happen here

9 Likes

Nice !
Still some time left
Maybe a rest day then try a session after that?

I’m sure you will go well and enjoy yourself.

1 Like

How many Alphaflys will you be wearing? Assume you are not using them for your training run, so dial the pace down c. 10sec/km?

4 Likes

actually thought might try a dress rehearsal with both alphas. perhaps. not committing :smiley:

1 Like

maybe there’s a reason for that if I could think of one… :sunny: :fire:

1 Like

Planning on putting my big boy pants on tonight and doing a bit of a run session. First one in a long time.

Pray for GB

(not planning on anything too serious, but it’s a start)

6 Likes

That’s rapid, well done @d.t!

Gym first thing.
20 minute row.
3 sets each of weighted bridges, military presses, sit ups and ab cycle.

4 Likes

Well i got out and am glad I did. Met a friend on the seafront to do the session with. As I said, starting pretty conservatively as it’s been a while.

Went for 4 x 1km off a generous 2 min walk recovery. Plan was to aim for around 3.45 pace. First 2 into the wind, second 2 with the wind.

Felt comfortable and controlled. Focussed on building into each km. Had enough in the tank to really push on for the final rep.

Whilst it wasn’t a ‘hard’ session, came away feeling positive. With the commute each way came in at a 19.5km run in total as well.

Happy with that. :+1:

15 Likes

Erm, last K :thinking::joy:

Yeah was happy with that. Deliberately negative split it as well, so final 500m I started to really open the legs. :+1:

Why did we suspect it was going to be a proper smashfest anyway :smiley::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

1 Like

and show your class?? :wink:

(an old one from Colemanballs)

3 Likes

You’ve lost me there! :joy:

1st para of Background

Swam, 200 easy, then was meant to be 6 * (3* 50 deecending on 1.15 + 150 pp easy on 3) 200CD
Did 2, then called it a day

1k, really struggled. Back to square 1 with chest and fitness.

2 Likes

horrible horrible run this morning! Completely ran out of gas & the last few km were grim even at a slow jog.

Should have listened to @Mungo2 and had a rest day

going to take a few days off except some easy swimming I think. Would not have been pretty to attempt a half marathon today

8 Likes