Training - What Training?!

Lol
I should have listened to mungo2 too!

After Saturdays effort I had Sunday off and have basically trained far too hard since, ( frustration possibly) a pleasing run yesterday morning but after washing my car yesterday I felt like death !

Couldn’t get warm, snotty nose etc.
Cancelled weights session
Straight to the chippy
3 cans of “tramp juice “ extra strong 9.5% cider that literally the Alcos love ( 2 for 3 quid!)
And I’ve just woke up 15 hours later !

Feel better already, you should ace that run if you give your body a chance to absorb the work completed and recover ( we both knew this yesterday !)

Shit… best get swimming it will soon be May !

5 Likes

Ha ha I’ve been on enforced reduced activity till today, somewhat against my will but I know its good for me! Back to running tomorrow. Lot to be said for this proper rest and recovery malarkey!

3 Likes

I ran to a mile to the station, sat on a train for 100mins, then ran 6km to work. It was nice. Took my gloves and buff off for the über mild 4° jog up there :white_check_mark:

I’d booked the 1645 home tonight, as we’ve been finishing at 4pm … NOT TODAY :face_with_symbols_on_mouth:
Mad 6km cycle back to the station, knocked 5s off my PB :joy:

4 Likes

45 minute spin class. Very sweaty.

5 Likes

Double post, apologies.

Still not feeling quite right. Just feel about 70%, HRV suggests overtraining. I haven’t had a day off this year, but again not doing long efforts…

…… and with that in mind, 8.7km run this morning.

38:01. 123m elevation.

8 Likes

First bit of exercise in 10 days - work has been mental

Son came over and we went out with Mrs T and the dog

The weather was so mild

20 km across Chat Moss (v flat) with myself and son throwing in some tempo intervals in to keep things interesting. Did 8 intervals of circa 3 minutes - I was doing 4;45 pace. Son was cracking out 3:30/3.20min/km - the dog couldn’t be bothered to keep up with him when he was taking his turn.

Back home for Parma ham and eggs on sourdough.

Perfect Saturday morning.

12 Likes

Saw dcrainmaker reviewing then new wahoo treadmill on YouTube - the Kickr Run

Looks like the mutts nuts but bloomin expensive

6 Likes

Expensive yes, but not compared to other elite level treadmills apparently. Comparable specs are $10k, this is only $5k!

3 Likes

Another enjoyable run for me today. Ran the coast path back from caravan park after a family swim. Perfect running conditions. A few mates were doing a local fell race, wish I’d signed up for that!

Still, got in 15.76kms with 380m elevation averaging just under 5s.

Feels like the soul of my running legs is finally starting to ghost back into my body. Little by little.

Need to get more focussed on the bike though. Maybe man up and actually take the roadie outside for a couple of hours a week.

12 Likes

Are you doing Norm’s ?

Second one hour t mill run at 4:37 kms
13.1 kph
Av hr 151 this week
Bags me the usual 12 hours.

Some good static bikes and an all out effort coming up next week, started working / thinking / praying about my woeful wall ball technique

And signed up for hyrox doubles in two weeks in a gym in Stoke ?
Caveman training ?!? Lol

Should be fun ! Stick at it.

10 Likes

Oohhh, where?

2 Likes

I doubt there will be any drug testing …?!

1 Like

Oh God. Rough AF.

3 Likes

20 places left !

Hill reps on legs that were a bit tired from yesterdays 20km


The headwind on some of the downhills meant that they were as tough as the uphill sprints

Hopefully a bit better this week coming than the 3 hrs last week and a hour the week before

6 weeks to 100km event in Chianti - underprepared is an understatement

10 Likes

I’m not planning to, no.

But then I would probably be easily convinced to do the Lite or something. :joy:

1 Like

Just over 10h this week with some decent swimming and cycling training. I ran an easy 2k on grass, not sure if that was a good or bad idea physically, but mentally it felt great!

10 Likes

Pretty dreadful 4:30 this week, not helped by work and being away this weekend, lots of walking though which does help.

And the blood donation on Friday.

Plus side is 20k running, feels tight while I’m running but no after effects so will keep it steady and aim for 20-30k PW

Not much cycling with nothing this weekend.

8 Likes

If it had started at 8.00 I might have done the lite version. As much as I love Justin’s races and I loved (kind of!) Norm’s format last year, I think this one might struggle.

Admittedly, I’ve only done two 24 hr events but the thing that makes them great is flowy ‘ticking along’ nature. Norm’s course is bloody tough but not only that, it’s very narrow in places and not really built for constant passing, which is what you’ll get with teams.

The beauty of the old backyard format was that everybody starts again and there is that carrot of making it to the next one. Given the elevation in each loop, the motivation to just roll straight into the next one would be pretty low as a solo.

Or maybe I’m just a bit crap at it. :joy:

2 Likes