Training - What Training?!

Oh it was always going to be a very niche version, we knew that. It’s just on the doorstep, and due to the lapped nature, makes costs a lot lower than point to points. So it only needs low athlete numbers to break even.

With it being tough, yet not prestigious it’ll only appeal to a certain type of person.

We’ll see. I haven’t been up there in a while.

Tell you what though. Think I ran harder than I realised. I’ve been knackered all afternoon. Granted I had a crap night sleep and spent some time on the allotment. But I’m shattered.

3 x 5hr weeks in a row for me now.

Ran 46km this week, with a decent mix of hills and effort. Back on the theme of maxing out on limited training hours it would seem!

4 Likes

If it was backyard style again, I’d be there or maybe the lite version. Starting at 2.00 means finishing at 10.00, then quite tired with a drive home or to Mum’s.
If it was a 8.00 or 10.00 start I’d be on it like a fat kid on a doughnut.

I did look at the Dartmoor Traverse but my god that will be ‘somewhat wet’ :smile: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

8.7km run in the sodding gales.

38:46. 132m elevation.

6 Likes

In that picture his leg looks awfully close to the frame, like it’s mounted too far back and there’s a lot of belt in front of there.

1 Like

First swim for 6? Maybe 7 weeks
Why… hyrox fail … lol

Running well now, bike power good too, not good good but considering how little bike I’ve done over the winter it’s good !

Some of my new “ cross fit friends “ have said “ your swimming will be brilliant after all that hyrox training “
We know different I guess.

Straight at it!
100 l with pb. ( 2 k ish)
40 mins ish
Felt nice

7 Likes

Hour long spin class at lunch, all in the saddle.

Gooch in agony towards the end.

11 Likes

8.5 mile run

First proper run in a fortnight. Was dreading it but felt pretty good.

After sweating out all the toxins first 40 mins, settled down and was blasting along the quieter stretches

8 Likes

6.5km treadmill run.

Nice and steady. 12kph, 1.5% incline.

6 Likes

4km swim this morning.

Stand up and press lap button every 200m to check pace
15-20s after 1000m and 1800m to grab a drink
Buoyancy shorts on

1:05:35 for the whole thing consistently averaging 1:38-1:39 per 100m - Avicii’s 2010 Essential Mix, helping keep the stroke rate constant at 68spm

1:02:19 for 3.8km

Happy with that for Feb and how fatigued I am

7 Likes

Nice, just out of interest what buoyancy shorts do you have? I need to keep my fat thighs/calfs up

1 Like

Just HUUB ones I got in a sale

2 Likes

Did a class at the gym. 3 guys 27 girls.

Flipping hard as my core strength is AWOL.

9 Likes

3*20 Over/Unders produced very satisfying graphage on Intervals.icu.

8 Likes

Mine on the other hand was an epic fail.

As noted on another thread it’s been a tough week at work. With very little movement. Despite really not feeling it I forced myself to the shed. Decided to choose a really hard session, forgetting my ftp is also set too high currently.

Session completely annihilated me. Had to dial down the aerobic intervals after the first from 2 mins to 1.30 and then couldn’t face the final 10 min sweetspot. Legs were just toast.

My running seems to return quote quickly after time away. Cycling very much not the case. Feeling as weak as piss on the bike. And short on time - with lots going on at work, kids etc.

12 Likes

Gym this morning.

Swim tonight.

Same enthusiasm as @gingerbongo.

7 Likes

Another +1 here :confused:

5 Likes

Had an awful week, training exercise wise.
Managed two paltry Zwifts :sob:

Ready for cultrun now, though :+1:t3::white_check_mark:

10 Likes

Easy road run with a club mate

9 Likes

Not so easy run chasing my son

Really got to be more consistent next week

Long run tomorrow with Mrs T who is kicking my arse on km’s run so far this year

8 Likes

I’m slowly getting some level of fitness back, helped by a steady drop in weight. 100k this morning, a fairly flat route and still struggling a bit on the hills, but happy to be making some progress.

12 Likes