Training - What Training?!

That’s a helluva dump.

10 Likes

Yes, that figure refers to the temperature difference before and after :wink:

2 Likes

8 mile run :man_running: :dash:

Wasn’t feeling fresh. Got legs moving on canal and did some Fartlek. Last few miles totally zonked lol

Been lazy recently with the weather. Unending storms. So grim

9 Likes

30 minute spin class.

5 Likes

:grinning::clap:

10.3km run. Very foggy.

45:32. 144m elevation.

6 Likes

I’ve just looked outside and canned my outdoors ride for a Zwift :face_with_peeking_eye::fog::face_in_clouds:

Stay safe. Stay alive.
And all that jazz :saxophone:

13 Likes

I thought the phrase was “Stay home, protect the NHS, save lives”

4 Likes

** Terms and conditions apply. Excludes Bologna

5 Likes

I can hear raining again and don’t want to get out of bed :joy:

Garage for me as well, but if it eases I’ll have a jog or something later.

4 Likes

Movers currently in so the house is carnage. Hoping to get some version of a triathlon in to day.

An hours jog, turbo this evening and a trip to the pool is probably too ambitious. (Turbo and bike are locked away in the bathroom).

Need the in-laws to take the kids off our hands first

8 Likes

Went out on the gravel bike instead.
I just cannot face Zwift :joy::face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Long and slow today with Mrs T - followed some new routes - some good, some not so much - rather precarious and very slow going in places

Good time on feet though

9 Likes

1000 cal bike challenge today
Pb of 54;30.
Av watts 233, was at 242 at 20 mins but faded quite badly after 30 mins.
Av hr 165 so working hard.
The usual 12 hours this week, back swimming, and boxing bag, highlights was a hyrox sim were I held my fastest run average yet, low point was swim speed… crap! Lol


11 Likes

A solid 9 hrs but saved only by a very long low intensity effort today

Fitness getting better according to training peaks and at a level not seen since last September

Must get more consistent- he said to himself for the 997th time (and do some more yoga)

VO2 max back into top 5% according to Garmin

6 weeks to Chianti

9 Likes

Bit better from me this week with about 6:30. 3:30 on Zwift including the TTT on Tuesday and a dig at one of the tiny races yesterday. Up to 2 hours of running including another 5K tonight that wasn’t fun but got it done. Parkrun was a bit of a harder effort yesterday.

Swimming was a bit low, had planned to go after my run but had little enthusiasm so sacked it off.

Exercising rather than training really. If this rain would naff off I’d get out on the bike again.

6 weeks to Valletta half and I might do Boro half in 3 weeks to get an idea how unfit I actually am :joy:

6 Likes

How naive I was. Gone 8 o clock and the house is just about packed. Removers will have to come back tomorrow for the stuff in the shed.

Not quite the superbowl experience I was hoping for tonight…

(And I’ve just realised I don’t have a bottle opener either)

19 Likes

Beer bottles can be opened on the edge of the radiator (or any hard surface)… if it gets chipped it’s not your problem.

Wine bottle there’s the trick with a shoe (https://youtu.be/pELPxMOKtew?si=fMg3X0AJsRbP5S3r)

5 Likes

Yep, any edge, position cap on the surface and smack top of the bottle. I use my teeth because Im double hard ( this is a lie)

Wine its often easier to push the cork into the bottle with a pen or screw driver.

4 Likes

This. Done it on many a camping trip. Expect a spurt of wine in the face though.

1 Like