Training - What Training?!

8km easy run, first one since Saturday. 47.09 at 5.53 pace

8 Likes

9 miles and some change :man_running: :dash:

Trying out some route changes. Canal is so boring, I extended run east around Pinkson Lochs and up to Sighthill.

Ran through a park which looked like a set from Mad Max - a football pitch with (I counted) 6 burnt out cars, 2 of them on their side forming a barricade (and half a shopping trolley lol) :shopping_cart:

It’s in close proximity to Possil so you know…

May go for more explorings. Bloody miserable day tho :cloud_with_rain:

10 Likes

Happy birthday @Clive!

7.1km run for me, first thing.

30:50. 90m elevation.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Clive :+1:

2 Likes

Hour run
Hour bike

Should have been the other way found but both bikes were taken when we arrived.

12 kph ( 5 min kms )
180 w.

Av hr was higher than I expected but the air con was ā€œ brokeā€ and had a shed load of red wine yesterday chatting to an old friend

4 Likes

30 minute spin class.

5 Likes

Doha half marathon this morning. 1h 30 was the original aim, but I haven’t done the training to deserve that & legs said no from the start.

Gritted it out for 1h36, the chimp was telling me to drop out at halfway but I ignored him & suffered on for another 10.5km, kind of glad I did now from the vantage point of a hot bath & with a coffee in hand.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

There were prizes for the AGs, 1h30 would have been good enough for the M50 :medal_sports:, just about. Maybe next year…

28 Likes

Nice one @fruit_thief , that’s still a decent time to us mere mortals (or me!).

4 Likes

1km swim TT

Last 300m was misery

Lap button pressed every 200m so slight difference between total time and moving time (15:08)

15 Likes

Satisfying amount of grit shown there @fruit_thief. Looking at your Strava you knew you were in for a long day after the 6th k so those last 15 were character building.

7 Likes

9km easy, 52.14

5 Likes

@fruit_thief - i just wanted to sneak in under 1.30

Also @fruit_thief thief - sets off at sub 1.25 pace! :rofl:

Nicely hung in though buddy. The flat, flat courses can be a real pain in the legs i always find. They tend to just lock into position which makes the slow down even more painful when you do hit it.

Nice chilled day now then!?

8 Likes

Forgotten how much i enjoy an early morning training session.

Got out pre-dawn with a mate, and now feeling much more relaxed at my desk for a day of work.

Ran just over 25kms with 288m elevation. Nice little route. Steady effort just catching up with my buddy and watching nature wake up for the day. Cracking weather this morning as well.

13 Likes

Weirdo.

11 Likes

You need shades just to look directly at that shirt

3 Likes

10.75 mile run :man_running: :dash: ===

Trying out route variation. 2 different runs combined - up to canal, sightill, possil, up and down to Lambhill - all the beauty spots lol - and back on to canal at stockingford jnct then home up that bastard hill on Clevedon drive…

10 Likes

Great run, and I’m pleased to see you post a photo without a trotter shot.

But that shirt is a shocker.

3 Likes

I did enjoy my Wed runs before work, usually 20-22km but this winter my body wasn’t having it.
Hopefully when the clocks change :+1:

3 Likes

Most of you know that I didn’t ride for four months or so due to a bad wrist.

I have been deeply struggling to get back, but finally it’s beginning to come together. Managed 20 miles this morning without my wrist being on fire afterwards.

Small beer I know, but this feels like a real milestone. Bringing the mileage up very slowly to try to avoid going backwards.

Planning to do one of the Black Rat sportives in May, so my current goal is to get in good enough shape for the longest one, with the contingency of bailing on to one of the short ones.

24 Likes

Second benchmark workout of this weekend.

Raphael Parkrun - 20:21

Was hoping to scrape under 20:00, but looking back, much like my 1km swim TT, I’m not any slower than this time of year.

9 Likes