Training - What Training?!

I was coaching last night, which shouldnt really be training for me but we dont have enough coaches so lots of running about.

Today I had to finish my coaching course. You have to deliver 2 sessions of coaching but so does everyone else and when youre not coaching younare the participants. So ita been 6 solid hours of standing or running around.

Im knackered.

16 Likes

Good to hear :+1:

Pretty average week of 6 hours, not helped by a committee meeting, work, night out and hangover :joy:

2 hours of running including an hour this morning but only 2 swims so need to pick that up again soon.

Hopefully less distractions this week.

8 Likes

10 hour recovery week
First brick session for some time
First interval session as above
Decent parkrun and a crappy swim.
Attended 3 “ meals “ in the last 24 hours !
I’ll be avoiding the weigh in thread till next week

8 Likes

30 minute spin class, all I had time for.

5 Likes

Two hours at 70.3 hr (155) fans are for wimps!!

Bolton is calling ……!

14 Likes

7.5 mile run :man_running: :dash: ===

Threw in some efforts along the canal for variation. Otherwise uneventful

That’s not to say every run I get up to high jinks lol

9 Likes

Cracking little run, 15.75kms in proper filthy, sloppy, mud fest. Ace fun! :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

Blimey @gingerbongo, good luck cleaning those!

Anyway, up early.

7.9km run. 34:24. 95m elevation.

9 Likes

I was going to congratulate you on that Strava CR you picked up this morning :bowing_man:…but only 2 of you have ever done that segment :smiley:

Solid effort at 05:15 though :facepunch:

5 Likes

Thanks @Doonhamer.

It’s odd, it’s far more popular in the opposite direction but I’ve no idea why. Literally a 1.2km loop with a gradual climb on the way back up.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Currently in the Lake District.
Hiked up Scafell Pike today.

Weather was grim AF.
Couple of spots on the route were dicey.

Would love to do it in the summer, but GF is like “absolutely not”

13 Likes

We tend to do our Lake District walking in winter to avoid the summer tourists, it would be nice to see the place in the sun though.

3 Likes

6km treadmill run.

12kph. 1.5% incline.

6 Likes

She’s right :joy::face_with_peeking_eye:

Try Helvellyn, that’s fairly easy.
Although naff all in Glenridding is open :rage:

1 Like

45 minute spin class.

Heavy and intervals. Hard AF.

4 Likes

Gym this morning. Swim tonight.

4 Likes

68 miles in the Surrey Hills, following most of the Legs of Steel sportive route. I was using my ‘new’ second bike as the Van Nic has been trashed on my commute and needs a thorough clean and lube. It was only as I was rolling along to meet my mates that I realised I had the world’s smallest cassette on the bike. :man_facepalming:t2::no_good_man:t2:. It made the Winterfold and Combe Bottom climbs particularly interesting. Not fast, but starting to feel some proper fitness coming back.

10 Likes

Weekly hour bike hour run session
Upped the watts from 180 to 200 average and kept run speed to 12 kph.
80 sec change over and hoping for a sub 148 hr, well below that with 139 av for the two hours.

12 kph is becoming less and less taxing.

Nice !

6 Likes

Trying to salvage another busy work week.

Still haven’t meaningfully swam since Tenby in Sept. So that’s not going great.

Cycling is showing very very slow progress. I’m feeling weak AF on the bike still. To be fair I’ve not done a huge amount and I really need the clocks to change to motivate me to get out for the weekly 2-3hr hilly morning rides.

Did do my first (cat c) race for about a year on Fri though. Thought I’d bail within 2 mins as wasn’t feeling it, but happy I clung on to finish it in 35 odd mins. Even finished 2/4 from the little second group.

Running at least is showing signs of progress. 1.5-2 hr hilly trail runs coupled up with 20km+ steady road runs seem to be doing their thing.

Managed to squeeze in a 23km run today. We were family shopping up in Exeter so I packed my kit and ran home.

Am currently able to clip along at 4.30-4.45 pace with no effort whatsoever at the mo. Lacking my top end stuff still. But I am starting to feel stronger every week.

So that’s 1/3 I guess! :joy: :joy:

13 Likes