Training - What Training?!

How were the lanes, covered in crap?

Sun’s out today and I think I may have a window where I can escape diy

2 Likes

Pretty awful, mate. Amazed we didn’t get any punctures.

2 Likes

Gym first thing.

Some sort of run later.

6 Likes

Thought that would be the case!

Suspect Plough Lane will be under water for a few weeks now!

Lots of running water off the hills and loads of gravel and rubbish in the road. I’ve just spent 2 hours cleaning my bikes. :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

82km 3:40 gravel ride :white_check_mark:

Canals, bridleways and everywhere was packed :rage:
First glimmer of no rain / “sunshine” and everyone is out :-1:t2:

9 Likes

We were on the same :biking_man::biking_woman: Mr was raging.

Good 3 hours though.

4 Likes

Where did you go?
I did Bridgwater, Ashton, Peak Forest, Macc Canals, then Middlewood Way.
Tried to keep it flat :joy::joy::joy:

Looking at some commute routes for me so TPT and canal into Manchester. The Sale canal section nearly killed us both off.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
Yup!!! That was the worst part for me, too :rage:
Running club coming at me three abreast, people not listening to my bell, etc …

I used to cycle in from Knutsford; it’s fine at 7am :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

You can only be about an hour away from Ruthin. Great gravel there up through Clocaenog, Brenig & back.

Is there not a UCI qualifier from there this year like the Gralloch a couple of us did last year?

1 Like

Better week for me, nearly 8:30 but mostly boosted by riding outside yesterday. Did manage 31K of running including 75 minutes on the trails today.

Swimming still slow and low, struggling to get motivated for that, always suffers if I’m tired and CBA.

Not sure how next week will go, work is looking a bit pants but have the half marathon next Sunday, that will be more of a training session than race.

Hopefully over the worst of winter now and bike rides might get better outside.

6 Likes

Felt rubbish most of the week

Friday felt like I was on the mend

Progressive interval set in the gym on the treadmill with Mrs T (she had her own treadmill before anyone asks) yesterday and a long 34.5km run with 830m of vert today - also with Mrs T and Oska

Weather was fab - loved it

She is in great shape for the Chianti marathon in 4 weeks time


14 Likes

The usual 12 hours.
Got that yesterday and I’ve had my rest day …
Did think about doing something today but I’m plodding along and 12 hours a week is enough for what I’m hoping to achieve this year. ( I hope)
The usual stuff with a touch more bike and boxing.

Enjoyed it

10 Likes

How does running help with that? :wine_glass::champagne::wine_glass:

5 Likes

You get to the wine quicker

4 Likes

It’s a lumpy one

I believe that there will be some local tipples at some of the aid stations

5 Likes

Muddy AF

24 Likes

Well it is in the title! :joy:

Good effort though. It’s proper filthy out there at the mo!

3 Likes

Yeah it fuckin did what it said on tin :man_facepalming:
Muddiest race I’ve ever done, mostly cow shit on the flats as well :nauseated_face:
I came 15/20 in M50-60

11 Likes