Training - What Training?!

Did you see Vanessa? She did the 16 miler

Am
Circuit
The usual crap but more strength, less hyrox focus

Pm

3 Likes

Didn’t notice her but it was so cold at the start, everyone was shivering and looking at the ground :wink:

1 Like

Bit on the beeb about hyrox today, goodbye Ironman!

2 Likes

Ah. London = UK.

If it’s a thing there, it’s big :joy:

1 Like

had an easy few days so took in a very long run down to Dorset last night…no refreshments available, so after a quick loo stop i ran back to my home in the woods…

10 Likes

Yeah, within the M25 so England :joy:

1 Like

It is growing massively, and I must admit that I’m tempted. I could never say that about an IM!

4 Likes

i am tempted…but my concern in general is the number of PTs who start new athletes out at the competition limits rather than building into it…

5 Likes

It’s just the same as tri in 1990 ish
Most on here won’t remember that ups and downs with it, the big up is it’s so spectator friendly.

11 from my gym doing Birmingham it’s only a small ish gym.

Several people trying to combine tri and hyrox in there training once you realise you haven’t got to be huge to do the stations well a plan can be made.
Tri will always be my first love though

3 Likes

very much so…

1 Like

I’d say anything that gets people fit and active (whilst not using PED’s) is good, but often this is existing active people.

It’s a good business model and is very good in the influencer age, attracting the likes of pro’s like Sebi & Skipper.

I do wonder if it will be purchased by big corp soon though?

3 Likes

London excel ( Nov) tickets will be out soon ish

It’s a bigger venue, 15000 over the weekend I think ?
If hyrox gives the codes out to affiliated gyms again it will sell out before tickets go on sale to the general public, that’s crap ! my PT is now a head judge at events and is part of some focus group.
Friends in low places and I should be ok, but … many are training for events now that they just won’t get in, that’s even more crap.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next 12 months.

That’s the other benefit of this, they can make money from hosting events from spectators. Can’t really do that on Ironman or ultra running.

1 Like

What is the IP in the hyrox game then? The name, the specific order of the events?

What’s to stop copycat versions popping up I wonder? Are people drawn to ‘hyrox’ or cross functional training competition?

2 Likes

Going up too!
10 quid
Now 12 I believe

And they sell out spectator tickets Everytime it seems.

Entry prices will go up too, when it’s full people are buying “ macmillan “ places
£50 but … you pledge to raise 400 quid for charity
I know/ know of several people who just paid it themselves ( 450 quid for 1-2 hour race!) and a few who didn’t raise any money …( you would be excluded from doing this again, and there talking about cash first in future )

It’s very popular

I suggested a hyrox based circuit at our gym ( I get free classes with membership )

Apparently it’s not allowed under copyright ?!?
That’s the answer I got anyway ?

Really good runners like you are sometimes interested, some adapt to the stations Some it’s not for them, I can see your tempted ?!

It’s the new CrossFit.

That was just circuit training under s brand name.

5 Likes

Yep. But they’ve made it competitive and fun

1 Like

Having looked at a few CrossFit events I think it’s different
Some have no running in, some have upside down press ups in, start stop, really heavy weights etc etc.

Hyrox is a running race, or to be more accurate a compromised running race.
Thousands of people are signing up ( if they can get in !) who you wouldn’t see anywhere near a CrossFit comp, the actual old school crissfitters, I know a few constantly moan about how “ run biased “ it is.

3 Likes