I didn’t mean to say it was CrossFit. Just that like CrossFit they have given a brand to a generic exercise format. In much the way IM have branded a version of triathlon.
I must remind myself more often that no matter how low on mojo i am, when i cba to train that i just need to get out and do it. In almost every scenario i come away much happier as a result. Just need that kick out the door sometimes.
As you may guess, wasn’t feeling it today. Thought about ways of putting exercise off but it was quite pleasant outside so chucked the running shoes on.
Did just under 14km with 3 x 2km in the middle. First km uphill, second km downhill. No way i could’ve maintained that pace for a 4th rep - so either need to back off a tad or come back to it in a few weeks time.
Managed to hit my kms, with about 18/19m elevation gain/loss in:
3.51 / 3.29
3.48 / 3.34
3.45 / 3.32
First couple i was working on the ups and trying to recover but still move quickly on the downs. There wasn’t any recovery going on in the last rep though!
As noted last week. Running seems to be improving nicely at the mo. Nike Zoom Tempo pods have both popped now. Proper annoying. Looking forward to trying out the Bostons next week.
Chapeau!
Needed to calibrate the HR strap to the planned rough pace for Hyrox Madrid on Saturday.
Ran 5km in 19 mins flat on the treadmill in the gym. Av HR 157. I’m a bit shocked at how low that number is tbh! Thats the bottom end of zone 3 for me! The new training regime is paying off! And i’m still yet to do much other than zone 2 training for the running!
October I ran exactly the same time 5km (outside) and my Av HR was 188.
Doubles this weekend?
Good luck!
( the tri haters feel the same there just… athletically repressed !)
Double run day commute - first time in years - enjoyed it - Mrs T got the bus into Manchester and we ran home together easy paced chit chat - enjoyed both runs
Must do it more often!!
Double days are such an easy way to get volume. So I don’t I do them?![]()
![]()
IM swim this morning
Garmin goes off every 200m so I press the lap button, look at the split then look at my watch, so about 3s each 200m
Each 1km, 12-15s to grab a drink
Minute quicker than 3 weeks ago, but could be done to not running yesterday morning (got a foot niggle) so not as fatigued - 1:01:11 vs 1:02:19
Back in the swing of things.
30 minute spin class this afternoon.
2 x 750m in the pool tonight.
Hardly worth a pic but could do with a little boost right now.
2 x 6km loops, first with the family and second on my own.
Just under 60km for the week from two runs.
More than I can run! Nice one, mate!
30 minute spin class again.
Been a long slow build up… Still only daring 2 runs a week. But finally starting to enjoy it, slightly longer distances can bring the routes in I like and pace starting to feel like I’m running with normal form.
Far from my peak, but pleasing none the less…
Very similar experience to me, I commented on a club thread earlier this week that I have only just started enjoying my running - & improving - after enduring it for a couple of months.
Hopefully we’ve both turned a corner.
Had an excellent run in the hills this morning.
(Bonus short video on my Strava link… Follow Ian on Strava to see this activity. Join for free. )
It helps running with scenery like that, and improving weather ![]()
Felt a bit rubbish - wasn’t really feeling it today - convinced myself to get out the door eventually- couldn’t seem to keep the pace down and knew my hr was drifting too high, tried to slow but every time I checked my watch had sped up again. The return leg had so many walk breaks it wasn’t true but hr was drifting into the 170’s or higher. Still better than sitting on the couch
Lovely weather
Gym first thing.
A strange week for me, I’d done 8 hours by weds tea and had my eye on Oulton park half marathon, running pain free so why not?!
I’ll tell you why not … went out for a few pints Friday dinner time and staggered in at 2, the next morning, sort of knew that it was going to get messy.
I drank so much I was wondering would I be ok to drive Sunday dinner time?!? I was hammered .
So today I tortured my self with 2.5 hour t mill run at 4:48 km pace ( planned)
Jumped off at two hours as I was getting a blister/ ran out of water
Av hr 149 so there’s more there, a bit daft but nice to be running pain free.
4 hours running this week
Lots of bike too, spring is here !
Been a lurker on this thread for too long. Well, I’ve finally mustered a week together that could resemble some sort of triathlon training.
Nothing special but a couple of runs, swims and cycling everyday for just over 8.5 hours - my biggest week for 6 months.
House move is done, I’ve been working towards a professional qualification that’s done now so hopefully got some free head space to crack on
![]()
Just over 10.5 hours last week.
Am battling a foot injury at the minute, so have stopped running to see what happens, as well as try and identify the cause.
Good swim this morning
40 x 100m off 2:00 - splits all around 1:30 until the last 10, where they crept up to 1:31-1:33







