I’m not sure which will get you first, infected blisters, amoebic dysentery or the cricket club janitor
.
Haha. We’re made of tougher stuff than that down here.
South West Water will have to try harder with their sh*t filled river evil plans! ![]()
I’ve got a brew right now of honey, ginger and apple cider vinegar to ward off the bad spirits!
Meh, his gut micro biome should be on point with all the yoghurt and kefir ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Sweet Spot intervals in the pool last night, and then 4km of pull and paddles this morning,
Saw a podiatrist last night and have a suspected stress fracture on my second metatarsal.
No running for me for 6 weeks at least to let it heal.
Luckily IM Frankfurt is 6 weeks later this year, so just a lot of cycling for me.
Last run for a while, pulled calf.
In the process of achieving this, 7.5km run first thing.
33:28. 99m elevation.
I saw that, hope it’s not too bad ![]()
Grade 1/2 soleus strain. Path well travelled, sadly and probably no running before May.
Sorry to hear that @APM how do you maintain fitness during time out?
I’ve had 2.5 months out and I’m just starting back again. Fitness is worst it’s been for a while. Lost mojo for trying to run fast as well. I’m just happy jogging along.
The way it usually plays out is a few days to settle down, can’t really do too much in this time.
Once it has, I can still swim, cycle and gym (obviously limited, but I can use the rowing machine and do most of my usual S&C).
Basic fitness will hopefully remain, but it’s not the same.
Sorry to hear you’ve been struggling. Did you have an injury too?
Well … 12 weeks of temperance = 12kg lost ![]()
And who’d have thunk it? But it makes running a hell of a lot easier ![]()
![]()
![]()
6.3km at 4:50/km, including a final 100m walk and the 5-6km at 4:35/km “just to see”
Very nice work
![]()
you did negative one kilometres at that pace? ![]()
Nice !
Yeah I had a dodgy lower leg not quite sure what I did but rest has helped. Think I’m going to spend more time on my running form/core before I ramp up the mileage again. It’s great that we can switch to different sports when we get injured. All the best for recovery ![]()
That’s excellent, great job! What have you restricted in the last 12 weeks?
It’s sort of been since September/October last year, but I took a Christmas weigh in, so going from there ![]()
Cut;
Booze (entirely. Gone.)
Haribo
Pringles
Tony’s Chocolonely
Pizza
Processed food (pork pies, scotch eggs mainly ![]()
)
Red meat
Sausages
Increased;
Almonds
Kale
Aubergine
Beetroot
Mackerel
Legumes
Beans
Pulses
Love that, good work mate.
Arh, sorry to hear that. We talking shin splints, calf/achilles, ankle, all the above?
I think my hamstring is good again. last night did a 14k run, then Intervals 2mins @ 3:45/km then 1m30s @ 5/km repeat x 6 then 10 mins at 4:00/km, then 2k run home, total 23.5k @ 4:39/km
Jan-Mar looking like it will be my biggest ever cycling volume start to the year, running is down due to hamstring, swimming is in line with normal
Overall 2024 is getting off to a good start

