Training - What Training?!

Oxymoron!

2 Likes

Wistaston?

400 k for a bungalow is posh no?

Im from a council estate, it seems posh to me, are you calling me a moron?

2 Likes

Is that Crewe or Nantwich? Or the battle group between the two?

Either way itā€™s close to me.

And not calling you a moron.

Oxymoron: Definition and Example | Grammarly.

3 Likes

Brother is Nantwich
Dad is

Crewe.
Seems like a nice area
Not poet posh but nice enough

Managed two sessions today.

Lovely, steady 2,800m swim at Saltdean Lido followed by a hilly 6km run.

3 Likes

3h on the bike for me. Beauty of a day for it, still struggling to recover from illness last week a touch. Will take it easy next two days to try and clear it before final 6 week or so block pre Roth

9h for me total this week. Actually not tragic given I was ill Mon/Tues and my wife gave birth on Wednesday :rofl:

5 Likes

8.5km recovery run

That was hard work!

Cut slightly short due to impending thunder storm headed our way - got home before the worst of it - Oska was very relieved - he hates getting wet

6 Likes

Had planned on a 16k run but cut it short as my leg had the odd twinge :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Average week really with about 7 hours.

6 Likes

Swim class. 2500m total with the bits I tacked on at the start. Not been to the pool in over a week so was good to get back in the wet stuffā€¦.took me a few lengths to remember the cues etc and Iā€™m happy that within 1-200 meters Iā€™m fairly sure I was as bad as before

6 Likes

45 minute spin class. Sweaty AF.

7 Likes

Well that was very a weird Zwift session!

Had taken the TT bike off for my sunday ride. Thought I may as well switch the roadie onto the turbo whilst Iā€™m waiting for new tyres. Plus I bloody hate taking the rear wheel on and off the Trinity. Itā€™s a right prick!

Turns out it was my first time on the road bike all year. And it felt like it too! Felt super wrong at the startā€¦ until i realised Mrs GB has been using my bike over the past few weeks so the saddle was a good 5/6cm lower! :joy:

Even after adjusting, it was still super odd. Power was much easier than in aero on the tt. Which went a tiny bit towards my ego bruising in Sunday.

Butt hasnā€™t hardened to that saddle though :grimacing:

8 Likes

After a much needed rest day yesterday, back swimming today. Upper body is wrecked from off road riding :unamused:

40 x 50m very easy. 1:36/100m average.
Donā€™t care about pace consistency.
This was just getting back in and feeling the over chlorinated water on my back :disguised_face:

6 Likes

2 hours cricket nets. Covered 4km running in bowling. Everything hurts now.

Reached max HR but that was batting against the bowling machine. Christ that is an onsalught. Ball after ball. Ive been watching Kevin Pietersen masterclass videos on YouTube and kept hearing him say in my head ā€œkiss the ballā€. Im crap at batting but because of my size and strength and the size of bat which is massive when I connect it flies. Its funny coaching as well because you know what you should be doing and you tell the kids to do it, but then when youre facing the ball its easy to forget.

Also someone accidentally bowled a beamer and for a second I had complete target fixation on it and couldnt move and at the last microsecond put my bat in the way before it hit me in the nogging ( was wearing a helmet but this was a fast bowler and it would have certainly rung my bell).

8 Likes

Swim. 2.5km 1:40/100m.
Digging myself into that hole to climb out of :face_with_peeking_eye:

50m, 100m, 100m
2 x 1,000m
100m, 100m, 50m

All nice and easy :white_check_mark::+1:t3:

5 Likes

Yesterday

• 1h20m TT ride - easy.
  • 60m run - hill reps. Aim was to do these threshold-y but these were probably more so Z5. My parents are over and my dad cooked monster chicken kievs from scratch, which I put away about 20-30 mins before the start (smart). In case you were thinking of doing the same, donā€™tā€¦.
8 Likes

Yesterday Iā€™m slow run later swim pool

:robot:

9 Likes

Ha ha ha :it::robot:

Thinking the same thing.
Also, whoā€™s liked that? :point_up_2:t2::man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

Careful Jeff in case tomorrow you swim in the concrete boot :smiley:

2 Likes

Running sun warmed now up. Lunch at run down. Kilometres six in the thirty minutes.

6 Likes