3 mile run first thing.

21 minutes. 0m elevation.

30 minute spin class at lunch.

5 Likes

This was v good!

1 Like

It must be so nice to be run 10k

1 Like

A bit of a spicy start, 10.5 mins from waking up! But soon got into it.

Felt decent plus my ftp on the roadie is obvs higher so I dialled it up a few % each rep for the back 5. Also went up each min on the final rep. Felt right other than my arse not being saddle ready for that saddle yet! :joy: :joy:

Pleasing graph thoughā€¦

8 Likes

55mins on Zwift waiting for the plumber.
No swim for me today :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Been out for a morning swim & have the rest of the day for a ride.

Unfortunately Iā€™m still traumatised from my 2nd cycle at The ROC & have no appetite for it.

My wife has limited sympathy.

11 Likes

Rode round the corner, find a nice spot. Stash a book in your jersey. Sit somewhere scenic in peace for a few hours. Ride home.

Job done.

5 Likes

He doesnā€™t have kids to avoid :grin:

3 Likes

30 minute spin class at lunch.

30 minute swim this evening.

7 Likes

Early morning 69er ā€¦

ā€¦ sixty nine minutes, ya filthy animals :angry:

14.1km 4:55/km.
warmAF, but foggy too :sun_with_face::fog::face_in_clouds:

10 Likes

Early, parky dip in The Dee this morning. Strong flow meant 3:00/100m pace upstream & 1:25/100m on the return.

Only 1100mtrs done, shall stick to non-flowing waters until things warm up a bit.

10 Likes

Back of a fag packet, think it would be reasonable to log that as 1237.5m

disclaimer: may be wrong

Edit: yep wrong, refined answer maybe its 1262m assuming you swam at constant speed relative to the moving water :man_shrugging:

Summary

speed upstream 0.556 m/s covering 550m in 989s
speed downstream 1.176 m/s covering 550m in 468s
swam for 1457s in total
average speed relative to the flowing water = (0.556+1.176)/2 = 0.866 m/s
1457s x 0.866 m/s = 1262m

Sounds highly unpleasant :cold_face:

2 Likes

Had a skins bob in the sea this morning. Still pretty bloody nippy. Hands arenā€™t working very well still! :joy:

11 Likes

100k :biking_man:. 1600m :mountain_snow: this time of year they take the cows up into the mountains for the fresh grass. Got caught twice by a herd of them walking up being beaten by men in sticks whilst wearing big bells around their necks

12 Likes

Does this mean Monday nights aquathlon is going to be a bit of a slog? Especially when Iā€™ve only swum once this year :scream:

6 Likes

Are you doing the Deva Aquathlon?

If so, yes it will be a shock to the system. The pontoon seems to be put in place a bit last minute, but definitely get a pre-swim acclimatisation if you can, even if the organisers arenā€™t too keen on it.

2 Likes

In addition, do you use the Safer Seas & River Service app, it tells you water temps & if thereā€™s been a discharge.

The nearest one to the aquathlon says there has been a discharge & the most recent water temp is 9.6degC.

I was swimming further upriver so the discharge didnā€™t reach there, but the temp seems believable :smile:

6 Likes

Itā€™s Sale on Tuesday. But Ā£16 (great price!) + race pass fee :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob:

I now see what @r0bh meant.

4 Likes

:scream: not filling me with confidence. Might change my mind. I hate cold water! But then Iā€™m doing great north swim next month so I need to do something.

I looked for the Sale events but couldnā€™t find them. Enjoy those!

The race pass is crazy. But then the annual membership fee for BTF is Ā£69 so makes no sense either. Afraid to say that triathlon will die out. And most definitely the smaller events.

6 Likes

Well ā€¦ seeing as CarlJ smashed the first two hours at Gralloch, @adam smashed Notts Sprint, @Mungo2 is being all salty in Nantwich and @SidSnot is gonna blaze at HPP today ā€¦

ā€¦ I actually tried this morning.
New headset.
New BLACK chain :star_struck:
Freshly waxed (legs and chain)
New gear cable.
Pedals greased.
Slammed bars for the AERO GAINZZZZ

Normal two hour off-road loop done in 1:45 :rofl::face_with_peeking_eye::star_struck::hot_face:

13 Likes