Training - What Training?!

Did you find it on the floor :rofl:

10 Likes

Cheeky monkey :monkey:

Like I said to @APM on Strava, itā€™s the Great Manchester Run tomorrow, so I only recognised two ā€œquickā€ people, so tried to keep up with them and ended up first :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

you bossed it :boom:

3 Likes

Decent pacing by your standards and a good time by anyones standards.

A very well done.

How heavy are you now?

4 Likes

4.5 hours on the roadie.

Longer rides on road bike so much more enjoyable than TT which I think historically made up most of my longer stuff.
Bit of a soft route, but keep tweaking it to find nice (as possible) pot hole free (well not death defying) roads.

Legs feel great, donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve done anything :grimacing:

13 Likes

82.8kg :open_mouth::grimacing:

17.2kg lost since just before Christmas :elephant:
Thatā€™s when I did a pre-binge eating check in and was pretty shocked to see :100: on the scales. :sleepy:

No secret. Just no alcohol and massively cut back on processed food :+1:t3::white_check_mark:

16 Likes

:astonished:
Fair play :clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

Nice work on the weight loss and run speed.

See you at Nantwich in sept

( Iā€™ll get you a discount code !)

1 Like

Still too expensive !!!
Iā€™ll probably do Wilmslow :woman_shrugging:t4:

Looking for a half, but cannot do Deva next week.
Cholmondeley is 6 x 13km laps + 6km out and back - which sounds utterly horrific.
Bolton is Ā£666 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And Iā€™m not sure what else there is :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Belvoir castle in July.

Bolton isnā€™t that much ?!
Is it?!? 6 loops is a bit weird
Thereā€™s a cheaper one up by Jeff and the Geordies
Half marathon for me, but Iā€™m starting to think about 70.3ā€s again.

Nice road ride today in the sunshine. I was on my Tod as usual. Despite heading into the genuine arse end of nowhere up by Rhynie I saw a few dozen other cyclists coming the other way. They might have been part of a tour. No matching kit so they werenā€™t a club. Dunno :man_shrugging: I waved at them all like a loon.

I also found a LUMIX G-series 25mm lens in a soft case laying on one backroad. Undamaged. It was dry so Iā€™m guessing it was dropped earlier todayā€¦ perhaps the classic left on the car roof error. Iā€™ll put something on Facebook but I donā€™t hold out much hope if it was a tourist. By luck my own camera is a G-series so at least I could use it, though I like the 20mm prime I have now. Do people still hand stuff into the police?

(A few years ago near Ballater I found a Panasonic camera on the road, but it was a bit battered from its fall. It contained some pics of a couple of older women on holiday in Deeside. Top tip: take a photo of your name and details and leave it permanently as photo #1 on your memory card. If theyā€™d done this I could have posted it all back.)

Legs still tired from The Fred, which is weird but I guess this is what comes with being in 40s.

12 Likes

Most police wouldnā€™t accept a camera, they might if it was a valuable item, or a phone/laptop that has valuable data on it, but not just stuff. They just tell you to ask around / post on facebook etc.

3 Likes

Hmm, we might have some bad news for you about that :grimacing: :rofl:

5 Likes

Almost 3 hours with Oska - big hill reps

22km and over 700m of up

Mortified when the dog stole a hikers sandwich from their sandwich box - fortunately they saw the funny side

15 Likes

Treadmill at lunch.

0.5k very easy / 1k hard x 3.

6 Likes

10 miler undulating :man_running: struggled keeping the HR down :confused: listened to ā€˜the triathlon showā€™ podcast. He doesnā€™t half bang on. Each episode could be 1/2 the time and the content would still be the same

7 Likes

Gym first thing.

3k row, then S&C to try and prevent more running injuriesā€¦ :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

lol at your dog stealing a sandwich :rofl:

3 Likes

After months on the gravel bike 25mm came as shock this morning, feels sketchy AF on these back roads.

I fear for the gooch

14 Likes