Training - What Training?!

45 minute spin class. Sweating out the weekends beers.

7 Likes

Not been here for a while as a stress fracture in my foot has bottomed out my motivation.

Half term last week, so wanted to try and get some good bike miles in and possibly try a couple of runs.

The weather, punctures and fatigue were against me.

Still managed 15 hours of cycling with a ride each day.
3 treadmill runs and 3 swims

17 Likes

You ran 5k? Whilst carrying your bike uphill?

5 Likes

And then did a 5km sprint after. Impressive.

6 Likes

Cyclocross ?!
Ish ?!

1 Like

They’ve earned a limoncello or two there :rofl:

5 Likes

@Fei - Nice work Simon :white_check_mark: what bike did you carry uphill for 5km? Madness :dizzy_face::exploding_head:

1 Like

I pushed my gravel bike a couple of km around the top of Loch Muick on Sunday when the Landy track finished abruptly. I wasn’t running though.

The whole ride my 1x shifting was :poop:. I fiddled with the derailleur barrel adjuster, screwed in the B screw, yanked on the cable a bit but couldn’t figure it out. Down shifting had a 5 second lag as if the cable was sticking, or the derailleur spring had snapped. Anyway got home and whilst putting the bike to bed spotted I’d tightly strapped the cable against the frame with the rubber straps of my frame bag :rofl: Like a moron. Took 5 seconds to fix. Wouldn’t have happened with internal routing…

11 Likes

Then oiled your joints?

3 Likes

01001001 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100010 01110101 01101100 01101100 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00101110

4 Likes

Swim
Bike
Or run?

2 Likes

Unlike @apm / I got drenched at 6am ish on my walk to the pool. I could see the sun shining in during my swim, thought “ah. Lovely!”
Hailstones on the walk home.

Anyways;
Monday - 1500m swim (5 x 300m easy)
Tuesday - 30min 6km easy jog
Wednesday - 1500m mixed swim.

Might gravel later if it dries up … bike is prepped for the weekend and spotless :face_with_peeking_eye:
Don’t want it getting mucky again :rofl:

7 Likes

6km easy run, first run since Thurs and first one in my new Asics NovaBlast shoes. Very nice.

I’m out with the pensioner side of the club tomorrow, about 8km with a couple stops and a coffee at end. Not exactly training and it drove me nuts last time but they are lovely people and it’s their run, so I will adjust.

That’ll probably do me then until race day on Saturday.

3 Likes

They were in my shortlist when I ended up going with the Adidas Bostons. What are they like? What’s their comfort zone - daily mileage, cushion, tempo etc?

1 Like

Hard to say at the moment. Ben Parkes said they were one of his favourite shoes for being a ‘fast daily’. I would say they are not as cushioned as my go to daily, which is the Clifton (8 at the moment) but I have had Asics shoes before and they do take a couple of runs to break in.
Having said that, I’ve found my old Asics retaining their feedback longer than the Cliftons and much longer than my favourite daily, the Rincon.

I’ve also found Asics true to size or if anything, size up a bit big. I needed to get out quickly this morning, so I didn’t change the insoles as I normally would, I usually use Inov8 Boomerang or Enertor as I find insoles affect shoe comfort more than anything else.

The tongue is a lovely combo of padded but not too thick, extremely comfortable. Certainly felt like a show I could wear all day and it was easy to get md foot lock down straight out of the box with minimal faff.

i ran very easy today but I can see them responding to a faster pace, so should be good for you. They look clunky with a lot of foam but they are pretty light.

1 Like

That’s not the spirit of gravel!

2 Likes

I mean for the start. And night before sexy beach photos :bikini::beach_umbrella:

She’s beach body ready

3 Likes

Not much beach at Kippford, but it’s a lovely wee place you’re sure to get a good snap.

2 Likes

Excellent work, were you a track sprinter before you started your triathlon journey?

1 Like

Big session that. Z5 intervals at 45w.

Solid.

2 Likes