Training - What Training?!

Were you shamed into it by the hedgehog :hedgehog: :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The one animal that looks worse than me swimming! :joy:

2 Likes

Down to earth with a bump

Earlier today I ran an 18:48 parkrun, my fatest time since Feb 2021, when I was a 48 year old spring chicken, and not an over the hill 52 year old

This afternoon I did a Zwift race on Ventoux - first 25 mins were fine, then the wheels totally came off - I donā€™t ever recall a collapse like this, the Final 5km I struggled to do 200w. Afterwards I have basicallly been sitting on a sofa for 2 hours, incapable of doing anything.

12 Likes

Be careful - I did an easy 5h bike ride last Sunday, felt fine whilst cycling etc. spent the afternoon feeling depleted, didnā€™t really improve and then had the whole week off work and had surgery on an abscess in my throat yday with tonsils being taken out. Sounds like a crazy one off but am sharing a room in Luzern Kantonsspital with a friend who had the exact same thing having been all around the place overnight as the ENT ward was overrun with loads of people having the same thingā€¦ā€¦ā€¦thereā€™s something ostensibly in the air!

8 Likes

Wow, doesnt sound good. Did a swim in Zugersee yesterday, i wonder

4 Likes

for rest today i not train and go instead to bar public where i talk about train

10 Likes

Threshold hill repeats on Box Hilll. Pretty sweet.

8 Likes

297.9km gravel ride.
4,700m elevation
21.1kmh
704TSS

23 Likes

That is very cool

1 Like

Here I am, going to post about my morning 5kā€¦

But fair play @Poet, you win today.

9 Likes

A bit more sedate, but progress in my own little world nonethelessā€¦ A nice 16km run in the peaceful, morning sunshine. Absolutely glorious morning and this route is magnificent for wildlife nerds like me.

Physio is happy with achilles progress. Just need to stay sensible, carry on with the rehab and build upon my prehab routine (as well as actually sticking to it! :joy:).

Feels nice to be running a little bit more freely though. 100 miler dot watching this weekend has really fired me up as well. I really want to be in good condition for October and am keen to give that race a really good effort.

11 Likes

1h25 trails, run/walk 3:00/0:30

Didnā€™t run the rest of the week

7 Likes

:crazy_face:

Just done 20km back to the station, too.
Into the headwind.
Unable to catch the two guys in front of me :man_facepalming:t4::sob:

Iā€™ve three hours to choose whether to cycle home or get the train from Manchester :rofl:

8 Likes

Brilliant :+1:

1 Like

11 Likes

Another reasonably solid 18hrs 34

5 bikes - one turbo, then some 2hrs and some 3hr outdoor rides
3 swims - two easy pool and one easy OWS
2 runs - one treadmill and then my first outdoor run since Feb. Slow, but not dead

10 weeks until Frankfurt.

Still need a good couple of century rides, but getting there.

14 Likes

today not run i did, prefer but around lake kayak

6 Likes

15 im trail run at 5 min kms ish
Av hr 148

IN bubbles now with Sidney squirrel he has my apple core !
Heā€™s very friendly

15 Likes

Hide your nuts :chestnut:

6 Likes

Any excuse to repost this:

6 Likes