Training - What Training?!

Better under stressed than over trained !

3 Likes

Relaxed week for me, life just getting in the way and one of my knees has felt a bit sore.

About 8.5km of swimming, 100 or so kms of cycling and no running. Did a couple of strength workouts that have killed my arms though!

5 Likes

Week of recovery last week.
Still feel a deep tiredness after 2 x 4-5hr sleeps last weekend.

About 5hrs exercise and some good sleeps with no alarm :sleeping: Pleased it was a recovery week, as the weather was garbage :umbrella::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::sob:

Back in the pool this morning.
Just a nice intro back to it of 8 x 200m easy, easy ish, mod. managed a couple of sub3 mins on the moderate ones :white_check_mark:

Pleased :innocent:

7 Likes

A decent week for me last week. Just under 3 hrs on the bike (all zwift workouts) and just under 4 hrs running (across 3 runs) plus a bit of S&C work. Though I have noticed with my increase in volume that my S&C saw a marked decline. Need to be careful that I donā€™t lose the progress Iā€™ve made in this area.

Achilles is improving, no ill effects this week so far. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Busy work week this week with a fair bit of traveling. So thatā€™ll impact things. Will see what I can manage - weather is looking good, so will try to make the most (he says still sat in bed :joy: :joy:).

7 Likes

5km leg loosener in the Novablast 4s and a test of the new watch. 28mins, very easy but my left calf is quite tight and I have a 50km this Sunday, so nice and easy does it.

6 Likes

As well as that terrible ftp test at lunchtime I also accidentally ran just under 19km tonight! :joy:. Hadnā€™t planned on being that long but went out with a few mates. What a cracker of an evening it was as well!

Iā€™ve also accidentally ran 65kms in the last 7 days. Thatā€™s probably one of my biggest weeks in a long, long time!

Really enjoying running again.

12 Likes

Achilles alright?

Itā€™s still ā€˜thereā€™. A tad tight after I finish but itā€™s certainly not getting any worse.

Iā€™ve not tried to do anything silly though. Have barely scraped past 4.45s at all. So all steady stuff.

Iā€™m going to give it until the end of June until I throw in some more serious hills or maybe a bit more pace.

7 Likes

Post work 6.5km jog.
Noice and easy.
Suns out lads :england:šŸ»

7 Likes

Cracking evening for it

9 Likes

18-19km commute.
Canal path.
Overgrown.

BullyXL and swan attacks.

But still glorious :sunny:

6 Likes

A bullyXL attack doesnā€™t sound too good :astonished:

3 Likes

30 minute spin class first thing. That is all.

5 Likes

The good news - ran/ walked 10km last night for first time since hip injury almost 10 weeks ago

The bad news - this morning walking like someone has been at both legs with a rolling pin. Think a day off is in order.

As a positive, Iā€™m finding that run-walk is a great way to handle the heat, it was 39.5C last night & no problemo. Did 100 seconds run, 20 seconds walk and just kept repeating.

11 Likes

Back to my old benchmark run again at mumā€™s (and formerly dadā€™s alas) ā€¦ been down regularly to help get things sorted out (a stack load of jobs)ā€¦ Working well as a unit: brother does all the emailing and I do all the manual labour :thinking:ā€¦ working well as a unit though.

Some core work last week :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

6km easy run in the middle of the day. Felt warmer than it should have.
Loving these Asics Novablast 4s, think it might be my new daily go to.

8 Likes

Really enjoyed my first run in them yesterday as well. They fit my weirdo feet really well, had a nice balance of plush and bounce.

One thing i did find though, which matched up to various reviews i read online, is that they run bloody hot! the ventilation in the upper isnā€™t great and, despite it being 0600 when i ran, my feet were sweating like crazy!!

4 Likes

Funnily enough, I felt that a bit as well bit I was wearing new Asics quarter cushion socks, so put it down to those. My shoes are black as well, which wouldnā€™t help.

Love the feel though.

1 Like

Well, it just lunged, like a lot of dogs do.
Had a mask on so it did, but theyā€™re MASSIVE!
(Itā€™s owner was also Tyson-esque and apologetic :roll_eyes:)

No harm done.

Looking forward to the ride home in 23Ā° :sunny::sunny::sunny:

2 Likes

And that was class :partying_face::sunny::tada::heart_eyes:

Gravel bike, 38mm knobblies, flappy t-shirt and a back pack.

Aero is over rated :grinning:

11 Likes