Training - What Training?!

Aero is everything … but you knew that already but that is actually quite an impressive ride.

What size tyres does the beast run?

1 Like

Rapid!

2 Likes

Gym this morning, swim tonight.

2 Likes

Outside? :sunny::sunny::sunny:

I swam just now. Indoors.
Should’ve gone to Pickmere when the stupid dog woke me up. Bloody LOVELY.

Nice mixed speed, distance, stroke set of 2km. 1:34/100m average.

Might jog later. Or just plot a ride for a mental health day next week (“I’ve been so busy, I really think a day off in the sun will help my mind decompress ready for the next quarter”)

3 Likes

Open water swim last night. First swim of any kind in a year. Did 1500m in 30 minutes ish. Nice and easy.
I’m supposed to be doing a sprint distance on Sunday but I’ve already mentally sacked it off.

5 Likes

Mom’s going to wash it all away. :grin:

Do your race, it’s a sprint, it’ll be over quickly and you’ll better for doing it I’m sure.

1 Like

9.5 mile run :man_running: :dash:

Did 4 laps of kelvingrove park hill after come off canal so feeling ok

Finally settling down after a tumultuous couple of months… as is the weather hopefully

7 Likes

Double bike day with some work in the middle

10 Likes

Pt this morning … torture basically
Enjoyed it !

Pm
5 k ski
5 k row
5 k run
1:08:08

Faster next time ( a bit warm !)

1 Like

Different bikes by the looks of it 🕵🏻‍♂️

I’ve got two power meters.
Pedals and Powertap.

Garmin 1000 reads the pedals
Watch reads the powertap.

Normally the watch is the one that uploads, but the head unit got there first.

1 Like

3.5hr 75km ride at 6:39am
Gravel.
Forest.
Rain.
Fog.
Single track.
974m elevation

Dead.

18 Likes

6km run whilst the kiddo was doing surf lifesaving. Was bloody humid, especially in the section under the trees!

7 Likes

8.5 mile run :man_running: :dash:

Nice undulating dérive through city and along river, taking in as many inclines and doing a few hill repeats

7 Likes

Out for a ride yesterday with a mate & we both had a brown shorts moment.

Climbed the Crimea Pass out of Blaenau Ffestiniog at our own paces & met up part way down the descent so we were a minute or so apart as we dropped down.

As we were descending we both developed speed wobbles at about 60kmh. Braking made the wobble worse, not braking pulled us across the centre line. The only remedies we found were relaxing grip of bars - easier said than done - knees gripping top-tube & putting weight to rear.

Not 100% sure what caused it, we’re both experienced, not shivers - it was a glorious day - & bikes are both well maintained. We imagine it was a wind problem that triggered it. On the climb we had a generous taily but as we crested the wind seemed to be in our faces so perhaps there was a cyclic wind thing going on.

Whatever happened our faces were mirroring each other as we met up. Fortunately the road was quiet but we both agreed it was a near death experience.

12 Likes

Looks like Poet was on your ride @Doonhamer

Life getting in the way of the annual solstice 100 mile ride this weekend. Volunteering at the school fair yesterday and my boys birthday today.

Faced with a long turbo that will take some discipline to get it done I reckon. Such a crime with weather like this.

Did nip to the lake for a quick dip though

10 Likes

Garden turbo ?!?

1 Like

I don’t think my WiFi stretches to the back garden and I’m not doing it on the front driveway :rofl:

Goes without saying I don’t possess the mental stamina that you have on your long turbos!

3 Likes

Thanks for that mate. Did it and I do feel better for that. :pray:

4 Likes