reversed route.

3 Likes

Swim. 2km. Slow 1:38/100m ave.
1,2,3,4 and back down.
Simples.

8km walked too :exploding_head:
(Pool and back + dogs)

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had a whole week like that mate, just finding it hard to get any kind of motion going. Not sure why :slightly_frowning_face: :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Dragged myself out for an easy 6km. All went ok but pace was very low at 5.45/km.

Quite sticky out there!

6 Likes

Should do. If it is like the half itā€™s one long transition up the side of the lake with number 1 at the far end, close to bike and run exit and bigger numbers closer to swim exit/run,bike in

1 Like

8 mile run yesterday :man_running: :dash:

9 mile run today :man_running: :dash:

Muggy :hot_face:

4 Likes

As if my preparation couldnā€™t get worse, Iā€™ve been laid up in bed since 10am

Fuelled up nicely yesterday and although feeling tired, thought Iā€™d go out for a ride today.

Was getting my stuff ready and had just put my bike outside when I stood up/twisted at the wrong angle and my lower back went into spasm right on the SI joint.

Have done this a couple of time previous about 15 years ago, when I slipped on some wet floor.

Nothing to do but take some drugs and try not to make it worse.

Think the universe might be telling me something

13 Likes

Went for a short 7K jog around the river tonight with the GF on her bike as it is that nice.

Pogacar needs to get worried for 2025 :joy:

7 Likes

67km 2hr road bike ride.
Boring.

7 Likes

I thought it was meant to be enjoyable?

:joy:

5 Likes

33.5kmh boring? At that sort of speed arenā€™t you constantly looking out for obstacles while drinking can after can of hard?

We brought #3 home with us for a long weekend. He loves riding around Dorset and wanted to do a ride before (remote, intern) work. So thatā€™s what we did at 6.30am. MTB to a hill that has a cracking view of the Somerset levels & he made me do some Wim Hof (??sp) deep breathing stuff.

7 Likes

Itā€™s not gravel, where I am :see_no_evil:
I think Iā€™m a bit addicted to the thrill of gravel now.
That constant menace.

2 Likes

ruts, brambles, everything

Mrs & I did 30km of gravel type MTB yesterday on Worsted Street , the Roman road between Cambridge and Colchester.

It sucked, everything was trying to kill us. Nettles, hidden rocks.

in the end we turned round and risked life and limb on the B6132 or whatever with the 60mph vans.

7 Likes

After a few ciders last night, dragged myself out for a 19 mile steady ride. A bit hot but lovely, until two drivists attempted to run me off the road outside my house. :frowning:

10 Likes

2000m OW swim in Loch Lomond

Overcast, fresh and a nice rolling chop. Got into a nice rhythm particularly swimming through the waves :ocean:

Very enjoyable today

8 Likes

ā€¦ any neighbourly disputes recently? :laughing:

1 Like

At 5am I would have said there was zero chance of racing in 4 weeks, as I couldnā€™t even stand.

However, after a very slow descent down the stairs, a hot shower, a slow walk to the pharmacy and more rest/drugs, the pain is subsiding.

Just sat on the sofa watching The Tour.

Tomorrow would be an OWS which might feel quite nice, so will see how I feel.

Maybe two days of ā€œrestā€ wonā€™t be the worse thing as Iā€™d done 17.5 hours in 5 days

10 Likes

Slow hour after work. 28km on the roadie.
Did a hill. Did a descent. Amusing nearly going into a Morgan coming round a bend on the wrong side - thatā€™s how to keep it exciting and spicy :hot_pepper:

5 Likes

Terrible night sleep due to the heat in our bedroom in the loft. :sun_with_face:

In the end, got up and went for a run up Harrow Hill at 5.20am! :astonished:

Great view of Canary Wharf simmering in the morning sun in the distance. :sunglasses:

OK, technically, most of London was sitting in a veil of smog. :roll_eyes:

But it did look nice from a safe distance away. :wink:

13 Likes

Parkrun. P003. Smidge over 20mins.
Pretty easy.
Great pacing, as usual :joy::see_no_evil:

@jeffb - set off at course PB pace and see what happens :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

I mean, I know what happens.
But itā€™s fun doing it like this!
Iā€™ll break it one day ā€¦

The first KM is downhill ā€¦

6 Likes