Training - What Training?!

Go hard or go home :muscle: :joy:

3 Likes

Still not right, sacked swimming off last night.

Just done the worlds sweatiest 45 minute spin class.

9 Likes

Hoping the back sprain is under control.

3km OWS this morning.
Nothing heroic just pootling around for a continuous swim.

Couple of hours in the heat this afternoon.
Few twinges on the inclines and stiffness when I got off the saddle.

Working the spots that are tight with a softball

9 Likes

Results have you down as a smidge over 20mins.

Why?

3 Likes

Why?

Cos he’s not a slave to the numbers b*tch! :sunglasses:

:joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Same reason they gave me an 18:03 when my watch said 17:58 :woman_shrugging:t2:

No idea.

I posted that before the results were sent :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Am doing an event at Colchester FC today, so got up at 4:45 to do my usual 50 mile pre-work route.

Opened the door to find it pissing down (nothing in the forecast about that)

Back to bed we went.

9 Likes

1hr spin to pick up my car from the night before. A bit fartlekky.

3 Likes

Very easy shuffle/walk. probably 50/50 road/trail. Pretty sticky out there, a bit of rain but not enough to break the humidity.

Would have been over 10mins quicker but ended up walking and talking for about 3kms with a guy who is starting this next weekend. 760kms! :scream:

9 Likes

5.6 mile :man_running: :dash: at mum’s

Flew up and down the hills

First time in zoomfly’s since injured heel few years ago - gait really feels good. Wondered if these shoes actively help?…

Only problem is niggle side of chest/ back after straining too much trying to whack golf balls with a half swing after swimming :confounded:

8 Likes

Did some hills.
Fooking hell, that affects average speed somewhat :joy:

100km in just over three hours a few weeks back.
Four hours today :see_no_evil::joy::mountain_biking_woman:

1800m elevation vs 600m affects ave speed somewhat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::see_no_evil:

8 Likes

8 hrs 15 mins this week

Todays long run was rubbish - first hour with daughter whose initial keenness for London marathon seems to have worn off - hard work making sure she keeps it up - I have some thoughts about next week for her but let’s see if she can be arsed

Zero motivation for the subsequent hour of running - bumped into a guy I know out for a walk - recovering from a new hip - spent 15 mins chatting with him as we walked

On the plus side started yoga again and on day 4 of Flow with Adriene - something at least to try and ward off a dodgy achillies and what feels like a tightening sciatic nerve - must learn my lesson that if I don’t keep it up these things will just keep coming back

8 Likes

Poor week for me in the end, was a bit tired at the start and always planned on a very easy week to be a bit fresher for the race yesterday.

Then the throat infection hit and antibiotics, don’t feel unwell as such but in a bit of a malaise which could be the tablets? So, as my immune system has better things to do I kept it to an easy bike ride yesterday, and did go for an 11K walk today.

Only 2 more days on the tablets and will take it easy although the throat has largely settled now and that dangly thing is just about it’s normal size :joy:

Will probably try and tick over for a few weeks and see how things go.

7 Likes

Gym yesterday morning and today.

Injury and loss of mojo have stopped running in its tracks, but pleased I’m building a solid base….

…. And look good in a t shirt.

9 Likes

Have you put weight/ muscle on?

Yes and yes.

My natural body shape is not like your typical triathlete.

I have shoulders, and a chest. The sniff of a dumbbell puts mass on.

6 Likes

All that waterpolo :muscle:

3 Likes

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Swim. Awful.
Packed the workshop away yesterday afternoon, arms are knackered :slightly_frowning_face:

No more Zwift available either :sob:

5 Likes

Snap !
I’m the same and have to watch my diet / calories especially with all the hyrox stuff at the min.

Your still doing a bit, hopefully the running will come back

1 Like