Training - What Training?!

Only 7h24m this week; 1 swim, 1 run, 4 bike workouts and the ride to and from the pool.

The floods from the storm interrupted things on Tuesday then I got a chest infection (which I still have) so took a few days off, but I got antsy on Thursday so restarted training pretty easy stuff, then back up to full bore Sat/Sun so hopefully next week will go well.

Sleep which is always less than 6hrs anyway has been totally fucked with coughing so I’ll back off if I’m not benefiting from training.

5 Likes

Seven hours this week.

All circuit based with one easy static bike hour.

Worked more hours this week than I’ll work in the next 5, so had a chilled approach and trained when I could and had had enough sleep.

Back at it next week.

4 Likes

Ended up laying a few paving slabs yesterday.

That, and a long week means I’ve had a day off!

3 Likes

2 and a bit miles OW swim in Loch Lomond. Another barbecue, and knack all else lol

4 Likes

Weren’t there some drownings in there yesterday? Appreciate it’s bigger than a local pond of course

Easy week for me also.

3 OW swims. All skins, that doesn’t happen very often!

Just over 20kms of running

And 150kms cycling. Sacked off this morning ride as we had a nightmare with the kids all weekend. Very little sleep Friday/Saturday. Been moping about all day, :flushed::roll_eyes:

Hopefully get some sleep tonight and back on it tomorrow :muscle:t2:

:v:t2:

4 Likes

Yep - 3 today ( one family ) - nr Tyndrum on the east? side, 1 on Friday ( 16 yr old nr Balloch ). There were also 2 drownings in rivers in Lanarkshire yesterday - 6 this weekend. it’s really sad.

But judging by a silly couple I swam past today swimming out to an island in nothing other than bathing costumes - I’m also not surprised.

… The conditions on Friday were pretty rough. I’d never go in without a wetsuit et al

1 Like

7.5k hilly run first thing, 4:30 minute k’s.

Booked in for a 30 minute spin class at lunch.

3 Likes

7.25 mile run
52:44 / 7:17 pace / 129HR

1 Like

Does anyone else get nervous before a planned hard session, or is it just me? Though it only happens with running.

I’ve decided i’m going to do something in my lunch run today. Still haven’t decided what exactly, and i have butterflies in my tummy. Always happens if i’m going on my own. Think it may be linked to silent pressure and/or worry that i put on myself about not performing in the session to some imaginary standard that i have set myself without knowing.

3 Likes

Yup.
That’s why I don’t do them.

Just do the “push up” theory, make your moderate and little bit harder each time, so your old hard becomes moderate.

“Go hard, or go home”

Cheers, there’s a comfy sofa at home, you enjoy dry heaving at the side of a dark, wet, track.
I’ll enjoy Love Island with a nice glass of Chablis.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Yes

Only cycling based for me, or possibly running with faster runners but that’s rare.

It’s your bodies way of getting ready for the pain I think.

Shouldn’t be too often though, that’s a slippery slope

@Mungo2 @Poet

Not just me then! I always still do the session though, as I love the hard stuff. I love going until I nearly puke, I just get all jittery before and look for reasons to bail.

Saying that, I’ve just had a reality check on my running. I am not in the run form that I think I was 4 weeks ago or something. But then I’ve barely run in that time, so I shouldn’t complain!

It was bloody hot and humid though, with zero shelter. Check out the quality track I was running on in the pics.

Thought I’d see if I could do a fast 5km, but about 2 laps in I knew that wasn’t happening. Luckily I’d already set in my head that if it wasn’t on, I’d turn it into an interval session so it didn’t feel like a ‘failure’.

Did 2400m, 1200m, 400m. Pacing was pretty consistent considering its been a while, but I’m normally pretty decent at pacing on a track on feel. Just the effort level at the end of the intervals was going up and up to an unsustainable point.

Still. That’s a session in the legs, and I’ve got a bit of fire in the belly to work on my run again. Hoping to get some freedom for a few runs on our camping trip next week.

6 Likes

The track pic didn’t load pal…?!

Didn’t realise you did tough mudder recently ?!

I love the tough stuff too, but I think it should be a small % of your training … depending on your ultimate goal of course.

1 Like

Love it. That’s proper ghetto :ok_hand:t2:

That’s what she…oh wait, maybe not. Or…maybe.

4 Likes

Rest Day, otherwise known as;

Race report
Downloaded free race photos
Cleaned kit
Polished helmet
Cleaned bike (white vinegar on the stickers, Mother’s top tip!)
Swapped race wheels for training ones
Put old chain on
TT bike onto turbo
Winter bike off turbo and hung up
Power pedals onto summer bike
Ordered a new Elite CX Chrono bottle
Cooked supper

Beers :beers:

Feels like I’ve done loads!

5 Likes

Oi oi :sweat_drops:

:rofl:

9 Likes

I always think that as I’m vigorously rubbing it in the basement :eggplant::sweat_drops:

1 Like