Training - What Training?!

30 minutes on the bike. God knows what I was drinking last night, but my sweat smelt like death.

10 Likes

5k on the rower this morning - first time on it for just over a week. that just felt so uncomfy!!

6 Likes

Gentle 40km ride outdoors, still very mild but a bit windy and standing water everywhere after it chucked it down all last night.
Had to detour and nurse bike home with a broken spoke to change back wheel half way through (refer Weigh-in thread for probable cause :thinking:)

8 Likes

Bike to finish the week and add volume

Some good some bad stats there

6 Likes

A 3.5 mile lumpy run at 6 a.m.

Very mild out, ran in a cotton r shirt and shorts!

3 Likes

Double run today: slow chatty 12km trail (170m ascent/descent) this morning with my running partners and a tough 7.33km trail this afternoon with 259 ascent/descent. Iā€™m also getting more confident at running down hill, trying to go more with the flow.
Iā€™m 52/100 in the 100/100 on day 49. Weekly total is 73.28km running, bit less than last week which was 82.2km.

10 Likes

Bit of zwift action, two days earlier than last year so already wininng :slight_smile:

7 Likes

15 mile trail and cross country run - utterly filthy

Got back just before the heavens opened

Dog worn out for a change

Bit of yoga later

11 Likes

Slept in this morning, so 30 minutes of yoga rather than a Wattbike session.

Added to our little pack of dogs at lunchtime, so training may be curbed for a whilešŸ˜¬

8 Likes

Easy 70 minutes on the MTB for some cake, the cafe is closed until March now. It was rammed today though with people exercising off their Christmas guilt :roll_eyes::joy:

8 Likes

Slightly mixed emotions on my run today. Managed to cover half-marathon distance for the first time but fell apart in the last 3 miles and crawled to 2:01:38 finish, so didnā€™t break the 2hr mark which was my goal.

Would like to blame the brutal headwinds in parts but just didnā€™t have it in my legs. Maybe was a bit of an unrealistic target. Going to drop back down to 15-18k and build up the stamina and keep working on strengthening up my hips as my right knee was folding in and giving me trouble from mile 8.

Also served as a reminder to get some body glide. Stopped just before my nipples passed the point of no return!

12 Likes

After almost 3 weeks off, finally got out for a ride. 40 very steady miles with a couple of coffees.

10 Likes

Good effort to be running that far so early in Jan. Get some more running in and that 2 hours will go pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Had a kid and wife free Sunday so no excuses!! Plus we still get so little good daylight hours here at the minute once Iā€™m back at work on Tuesday itā€™s going to be hard to get out for long ones so thought I would grab the chance.

A lot of stretching to be done tomorrow!

2 Likes

Well done :+1:

1 Like

MAnaged to move some of the shit thatā€™s been piled into my Pain Cave and lift some weights.

3x5 squat - felt some pain inner thigh on the fourth so canned it.
5x5 bench
5x5 row

3 Likes

14 hours this week as I start back

1 swim
5 runs
7 turbos

13 Likes

13:35 of training this week
11:40 of Zwift and 1:55 of running.

8 Likes

As per my post on the yoga thread yesterday, but this time with running. Oh dear me!

First proper run in a month, and boy did it feel like it! My body is feeling far from athletic right now!

That said, 22kms on the muddy trails with a couple of mates, back at 8.30 for Mrs GB to go out for a ride is still a winner. Regardless of the state of my legs right now! :joy: Hoping some more yoga later will loosen things off!

19 Likes

now thatā€™s a decent reminder of your youthful age!

If I ran 13 miles after a month off, it wouldnā€™t be yoga iā€™d be needingā€¦ itā€™d be A&E.

12 Likes