Training - What Training?!

Yeah I think it is. I was looking for a sticker on it as I remember you saying you put one there…

Christ, that was a lot of climbing, I was feeling that Bolton loop in my legs at the end.

That climb out past the reservoir was awesome and yeah, you can bomb the shit out of the descent.

Also agree the descent from Holme Moss is sketchy, I had an Audi A4 just ahead of me though so thankfully I did slow down.

That was a cracking route though cheers, what else do you have up your sleeve?

Time for a beer (or two)

14 Likes

Erm…none now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
You smashed by Holme Moss time by 2:45 :sob:
So I’m not playing now. :raised_hand:t5::stop_sign:

Phew!
You didn’t beat me on Sky Road :heart_eyes: :joy:
(I was utter fubar’d by Holme Moss :joy::see_no_evil:)

But seriously @Adam - are you okay taking your bike ever so slightly “off road” ?
I did a route on my BMC near you…but there are some off road bits!!!

1 Like

Hmm, how much are we talking?

I don’t really care, I have my ten year old Allez with me

New power threshold today apparently

3 Likes

I went to look at your HM time & was surprised to see that I had a - :poop: - time for it :thinking:

Never been there, it was the fella from eBay who I bought my Garmin from.

Deleted activity, the shame of it :worried:

3 Likes

Hahaha,

I did just see that and thought you must have had a bad day :rofl::rofl:

I did see that I took 20 odd seconds out of @JibberJim though

1 Like

I did 19:40 you did 22:38
https://www.strava.com/segments/18589309

I guess you didn’t know which segment to go for!

1 Like

Alright, alright - that’s not the one I saw.

I just looked at the one called Holme Moss

And only 9 seconds

Good to see you dropped Maryka though :joy:

4 Likes

@Adam, number 1…

… odd comment but you have glorious hair. Especially if it’s been under a helmet all day.

9 Likes

:rofl:

I need a bloody hair cut!!

1 Like

Nah, we’d not be together, and it was hill climb week, so one of us at “lazy daisy’s” with the 3 year old, the other out, and one of us saving their legs as they went up… 2014 just wasn’t a fit year for me, I could probably beat that now (I’m about 3kg’s lighter and could probably manage similar watts) It’s not a great time for if Sam is faster!

1 Like

Yea I was thinking potter must have been on top form then. He’s fallen off the wagon in recent years although I’ve seen he’s zwifting quite often now

Woke up at 5:45 today… which was useful in some ways, as it meant I could run before going on my first long ride in ages, and sort of my first club run in ages (I went on one before, but it was short and only 2 turned up - which I did know was going to be the case)

So 10km at 4:41

Very gentle for the first bit of the club run, I mostly hang at the back, having not ridden more than 80km in years, 120 odd might not go well, then we hit “the white way”, a nice stretch of road which is like 11km at 2% or something like that, we stopped for a pee break relatively early up, but after that I did end up on the front for last 6 minutes or so (310w) which all felt good 2:20 @ 151 AP 209 NP

Coming back, started off immediately with a long steep climb, Salters Lane, with the interesting feature of a gate in the middle or the option to go around the gate on some rough road and cattle grid - I chose that, and then found a big mistake as my back wheel went into a rutt full of sand such that zero traction as I pedalled and I was lucky to stay upright, had to walk across cattle grid before getting going again, still it was a nice climb, the rest of the ride was mostly downhill with a tailwind with the occasional steeper sprint up bit. 1:56 @ 162 AP 231 NP

A bit too much waiting around possibly, @Poet would’ve got annoyed for sure, but still a good ride, and good that I have got to be fit enough to ride for a proper tea stop, and even add 2w AP in the 13 minutes back from the end of the ride.

10 Likes

Good start of the week for me, but then no exercise at all Fri, Sat or Sun. But had a great weekend with the kids and that’s what really counts.

Have managed to continue with my 1 swim a week though, and got in a good bike and run session during the week. Thought about a turbo tonight, but I’m shattered. I’ll be going to bed early, just like the kiddos!

Going to be tricky to do anything long this week, but should be able to get a bit more intensity in, with a bit of luck.

6 Likes

@Adam - I took my BMC on this route.
She was fine.

I managed 24kmh :sob::joy:
The M62 Summit is EPIC :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

You also “climb” Dick Hill :joy:
(I think I pushed it up here - or did a CX style jog)

The climb up to Rams Inn is fun - they get snowed in up there!!!

2 Likes

Nice, another 1000 metre plus ascent ride :smiling_face_with_tear: :ok_hand:t2:

5.6 kms of unpaved road - is it actually ok?

2 Likes

One part is a bit sketchy, but I rode it on my BMC :smiling_imp:
Character building innit.

1 Like

14.4km trail run this morning. :blush:

7 Likes

Absolutely CBA to go for even a 6km jog :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I managed it, man up and get out :muscle:

6 Likes

Yeah come on @Poet.

I had a ‘coming in an hour’ text from the electrician and plumber. Been with the girls all day so dashed down to the shed for a quickie with Emily. Managed to complete it all in TT position but there was a lot of grunting, gurning and gritting on that last rep!

Bugger was then early, so got to see me in my 12 year old crappy tri shorts and not much else! :joy: :joy: That’ll learn him!

7 Likes