Training - What Training?!

Are you peeing on the bike or getting off?

5 Likes

Pedals, donā€™t trust turbo for this. Same pedals for race

1 Like

Neither I hope :grinning:

ā€˜Kin ā€˜ell :exploding_head:

Youā€™re gonna crush Cotswolds :grapes::hotdog:

Iā€™ve switched my plan round, as I was so bored of my own company yesterday, to ride with some friends on Sunday instead. Hopeful of doing a @Doonhamer and getting out Friday on the TT rig for a little test.

@fruit_thief - Iā€™d can the hour run and do 10km at 4:16/km :+1:t3: Not much to be gained for running for an hour. But if you wanna do it, then go for it :running_man:t5::sunny::fire:

3 Likes

Dunno, still 1 hour 51 minutes of fun to go, may end up with tail between legs

Ah bugger just got timed out of CPD having paused it to type in here. Oh well. Dint think I have the spine flexibility to log on again

2 Likes

In an hour???

2 Likes

Yeah :+1:, will see. Iā€™m not certain I can hold that pace in 2nd part of run off bike though, would be good for confidence if I can maybe

Also @Doonhamer now Iā€™m starting to need a pee, you assassin :grinning: going to try cross legs until T2 (1)

3 Likes

Think was dry startigg

Drinking to thirst

Anyone fancies a ride Iā€™m in watopia and a little bored

1 Like

Ah, gotcha!
My theory (personal to me!) has been if I can run that pace comfortable for 90mins in training, and hold it for 10km after a 80-100km TT ride, then I should be right come race day.

I once had a MINT brick session (161km in < 5 hours and a 16.1km under an hour run off - this was pre-Strava, so not even for the kudos!) but reckon that was my ā€œpeakā€ and Iā€™d left my best session in training and not on race day, so always careful to not ā€œleave myself out thereā€ whilst training now.

2 Likes

7.2km trail run and 5 pull-ups. Will do some strength stuff later!

7 Likes

Oh, when I say rest :joy: I mean non aerobic exercise, ie not going for a run the day before! A triathletes rest day is different to everybody elses!

1 Like

A ā€œrestā€ day for me involves 12km of walking, generally :flushed:
But if itā€™s a 70.3 or IM, Iā€™m pretty firm with not walking the dog on the Friday :person_facepalming:t4::dog:

It takes a fair amount of power when youā€™ve filled the panniers with sand for race day.

6 Likes

I was going to say the same thing, other than a psychological boost Iā€™d probably do 6-7K at race pace and 1K C/D

Canā€™t see that youā€™ll gain much physiologically.

But I wonā€™t discount the mental benefits.

3 Likes

Heā€™s just putting the mental hurt on everyone else. Mind games now :wink:

4 Likes

Lol, yeah another mental benefit I didnā€™t think of! Just like doing 50 miles in 2:20 after work with someone hanging on :roll_eyes:

Queue the bongo pulling an all nighter on the coastal path :joy: fuelled by a kebab at midnight :grin:

4 Likes

Quads on him, weā€™ll be calling him Dr Rock.

2 Likes

Its about time he gets nerfed in the next update init?

3 Likes

In my defence; that was a missed session from the weekend (having not been capable of even walking after running on Saturday).
Oddly tho it felt a very good use of time - compared to a weekend morning. Need to do it more.

3 Likes

Yeah, I used to do a decent 1:30-2 hour session on an evening that bumped up the weekly miles

1 Like