Training - What Training?!

Never really used to be an option. Worked till 5:30; commute home. Almost 7pm before get out.
Need to take advantage of the WFH for sessions like that.
Hoping to squeeze in a lunch OW tomorrow. No wetsuit takes away so much faff and kinda fits in a lunch hour. Kinda :grin:

3 Likes

2 hours on the TT in the afternoon/evening is a wonderful thing.
Even better if you can do it at actual race time on a morning (say 0630-0640) gets you used to putting out power early doors

I canā€™t do that on race dayā€¦ let alone a training morning :rofl:

3 Likes

Just seen your ride - did you get lucky with no traffic and at the lights or what?!?

Thatā€™s a mental route :crazy_face:
And where (Draycott One Stop) some dude who was about the same size as The Rock pinned me and my bike against the kerb with his car and got out to tell me how to ride on double yellow lines :poop:

Also - full aero kit, too?

No I had some lights, learner drivers and such. Garmin on autopause when below walking pace (mainly so I donā€™t take stupid risks and or jump lights).
I seem to find loops much more mentally doable. Time flew by. Also looped past home after 50km, decided Iā€™d grab another bottle just incase. Ended up finishing it in the next 45 mins of riding. Was warm but not unbearable. Happy with it all once the hip settled down.

Nah. TT bike. Disc. Standard bibs and Jersey. Even took off the aero bottle for a standard one (cause I wanted bigger and insulated - and I dropped the aero one on the 25 last week. Think Iā€™ll leave it like that for race - much less faff, can drink more, easier to replace bottle. Not sure Iā€™ve got much more power, may get a bit more speed from better course and aero lid but nothing major.

1 Like

It also wasnā€™t that luckyā€¦I mean not even a KM in and first ped lights are red.

Thereā€™s not actually that many lights on that route - the bridge at elvaston can be a pain. I also deviated the loops depending on traffic at junctions. So avoided a few queues to keep moving.

3 Likes

THIS :joy::person_facepalming:t4:
I have mine on like this, too.
Although turned it off in Mallorca as it kept auto pausing on some climbs - THE CHEEK OF IT :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

I had the same on an training day run by an ex SAS chap. It kept auto pausing me up the hills the git

Just popped up on my news feed

14 Likes

Are we doing a sweepstake on distance and pace for this run?

Iā€™ll open with 16k at 4:10s avg.

4 Likes

Nah, he wonā€™t go that long I donā€™t think.

Iā€™ll say 13km at 4.09

5 Likes

@fruit_thief Finished on the turbo?

2 Likes

Yup - 2 hours at 247w

1 Like

Yeah. 2 hours at 246W.

For his jog?
Iā€™m going 60mins at 4:08/km

3 Likes

Solid

2 Likes