Training - What Training?!

LOL to the Dorset Echo and the sweepstake :joy::joy::joy:

Promise you no sandbagging or mind games intended , I have just had a solid 8 week training block which seems to be working out ok & this morning felt really good. Love training in the heat too :heart:. Just hope it lasts another 2 weeks

If any interest, on the bike this morning took 2l of water, 1.5l of high5, 2 bananas and half a Jamaica ginger cake. Havenā€™t worked out the carb there yet but probably 150gish. Then a wee in transition as suggested by @Doonhamer . Nothing in or out on the run.

Went more by feel on the bike in the end, rpe around 7 . Bizarrely Garmin pedals almost agreed with the Saris today. Pedals said 247 and Saris said 245. No idea why they didnā€™t last time :thinking:

Then on the run just at a pace that felt hard but sustainable, rpe 7 rising to 8 in the last 2 km. Thatā€™s 3 hard sessions in the last 5 days though, so Iā€™m going to back off a bit now.

Hope everyone else doing Cots is looking forward to it as much, good luck with last 2 weeks of prep and no mishaps between now and then :crossed_fingers:

PS alcohol seems to make a huge difference here -
in a bad way- something I have only just learned after walking this earth for the best part of 49 years :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Great session :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:
Very impressed.

Is that it for you now?
Tapir time?

Looking at the weather, got some rain during race week.

1 Like

I donā€™t f**king drink!!! I have no marginal gains here :sob:

9 Likes

Maybe it works the other way for you :thinking:

(Not an actual recommendation in case any doubt :grinning:)

5 Likes

Paramedic: Why did you drink 10 pints before starting a HIM?

mw22: This doctor chap on the internet said it might be a good idea.

10 Likes

10 pints!! I could never drink 10 pints when I dabbled in the stuff!

2 pints now Iā€™d still be on the floor like a soggy sandbag.

5 Likes

Same here

Lunch swim and new training PB for 750 by 1 s. Pleased with that. 5k race tonight - hoping I can :duck: under my existing PB as well :flying_saucer:

Swim warmup I did 100m 2 arms, then 100m 1 arm at similar effort. 2 arms was 1:25, 1 arm 1:58. 2 lengths with other arm out front, 2 by my side. I find 1 arm fly easier/quicker than 1 arm crawl. I wouldnā€™t want to do that for more than an hour.

7 Likes

Great going @fruit_thief :clap:

Got out for a lovely 16.5km at 4:37. Felt very easy and comfortable, much more than I was expecting. Put an easy ish hill effort in, unexpected KOM :muscle: Either I was just have a particularly good day or Iā€™m starting to hit some fitness again, just need to find an event to do something with it! Having horrible thoughts of ruining my summer for mara trainingā€¦

9 Likes

DONā€™T DO IT!!!
Look out of the window - why would you wanna run 20+ miles in this?
This time of the year is for the bicycle or open water swimming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bike ride in the sun with no view of speed or power or anything, started the garmin and put it in my back pocket, very pleasant trip, turns out it was just shy of 90km.

10 Likes

Empty milk bottle for peeing into, check.

2 Likes

50:50 10 k t mill run, very slow compared to the racing snakes but an improvement for a 13 st midjit !

6 Likes

1600m OW :man_swimming: and some splashing about on my back like an otter

:otter:

5 Likes

50m Lido swim at lunch. Beautiful pool and eye candy too. Sadly I was pissed off with work and about to get stroppy with other swimmers so didnā€™t enjoy it.

First time I think using a TRIQ swim workout in my Garmin Watch. ā€¦fuck know whether you are supposed to let it autodetect or hit lap:

As you can see from the HR itā€™s missed 3x 100m reps I think, where Id hit lap to start and it went to ā€˜restā€™. :man_shrugging:t2:

It also seemed to vibrate wildly at the beginning of my return lengths. :woman_shrugging:

It also said ā€œ13 Freeā€ occasionally :woman_shrugging::person_shrugging::man_shrugging:t2:

So I did 3x 150 FS 50 BS
Then 100s until I got the arse

Probably 1800m

8 Likes

30 minute spin class. Heavy sweating.

5 Likes

Ha! I do that often in the studio lol

1 Like

I know you shouldnt pop blisters. But is there an ok way to do it?

Ive got a large one on my toe (no I wont post a picture you pervs).

I have sterile needles. Wipe with alcohol, pop and plaster?

I cant walk in shoes as everytime I do it makes it worse.

2 Likes

I just stick a pin it to create a small hole and squeeze the puss out.

If itā€™s open I put one of those blister plasters on it.

Still got all my own toes, and AM willing to post pictures if it makes people happy :joy:

6 Likes

2hr 65km outdoor ride on the road bike.
227W NP with a stupid hill in the middle :tired_face:

5 Likes