Training - What Training?!

I will not be expending any serious effort of any sort today. Another not particularly great week for me. But it is what it is. :person_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

He’s hungover :rofl:

I presume you’ll be copying and pasting that tomorrow as well!

4 Likes

Delicate!

2 Likes

Was supposed to do 10 long easy miles today but as soon as I got going I felt really good and decided I’d have a second go at a half. Took 15 minutes off my first attempt to come in at 1hr 48 with nice and even pacing, and felt like I could have kept ticking over a bit longer. Really happy and have immediately sacked off the gardening I was supposed to do and have a beer instead. No flare up in the shins, knees or anything either so far as physio seems to be doing its job.

Although I am now very aware I need to do that twice in October - it’s a long bloody way😄

13 Likes

Take it easy mate, it will come back to you :+1:

1 Like

Pah, forget that. How did ‘bollocking boy’ go? :joy:

1 Like

Strength training, squats would be a good place to start. Then on the bike, hill reps

2 Likes

3 press-ups per min for 1hr - getting silly ideas from @Mungo2 !! Killing time watching the women in IM Frankfurt.

7 Likes

Think the run pace is slowing up - proper suffer fest I’d imagine

ETA - bollocks just realised this is the wrong thread :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Quality session!!

4 next time

2 Likes

30 minute spin class this morning.

Quads tired. Horrible amount of sweating.

6 Likes

222!

Lol

Well done

1 Like

Strava says I had an easier week this week, by quite a bit, but distance wise it was better than last week except for swimming. Most of it has been very easy pace though. Struggled to get out of second gear running ATM, probably need to do a parkrun or something to sharpen up a bit but not as easy to factor in.

Skipped the long ride yesterday that was going to be the big effort for the week but I was probably due an easier week.

Need to get back into the pool, but waiting for the stitches to improve first, and ATM the bandage over them is stuck to the glue and pulling it off is likely to be very painful :grimacing:

Been accepted into a 50 next Saturday and will try and get out on the bike a bit more, planning on being in Bolton next Sunday so not much concerted effort that day but will try and do a decent swim before heading down.

9 Likes

Very interesting exercise actually. 3 felt too easy at the end of the hour, my wrists and neck felt it the most. However today I can totally feel my muscles. Will try 4 next time!

2 Likes

5km trail run. Fitness felt a bit better today, but lungs are still not healthy post covid. Hopefully going to the climbing wall this evening.

6 Likes

Sweet spot intervals

Legs feeling a little heavy after this one.

4 Likes

4 th ten hour week in June, which is an improvement highlights this week include a faster ( still crap ) 10 k run, a 10 k row and two decent static bikes plus breaking my press ups in 30 min record so a good week all round.

Lots of weights too.

Nice that all of this was done in work in there time.

I hope this doesn’t offend anyone but I’ve saved thirteen thousand quid in four months ! Or I will have when I claim all my overtime if I can avoid 40% tax. !?!

Onwards

#man on a mission

11 Likes

More impressed tbh :+1:

3 Likes

22.5k jog along the canal tow path from Bodymoor Heath to Balls Bridge and back which will mean nothing to anyone! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I was hoping for a comment like that, obviously working more than I ever have, but treating it literally like an endurance event.

Adapting my life to basically train in work has been a challenge, hopefully worth it in the-not too distant future.

7 Likes