Training - What Training?!

You are putting the graft in so why shouldn’t you be rewarded, especially with some unsociable hours!

Looking good for the retirement plan, just avoid the coffee shops as mentioned earlier!

4 Likes

Price of it these days !

Like everything else I guess, do like a nice cappa though

2 Likes

Hot chocolate is my vice :yum:

Don’t actually like coffee!

4 Likes

I don’t like cake, or ice cream, but love coffee.
Although what I make at home is miles above most cafes, so I get to keep my money :joy:

(Porcine based snacks are where it’s at for me :+1:t3: I’d ride to a cafe for a great sausage roll, scotch egg or pork pie)

4 Likes

Whereas all of those sound grim to me. I generally dislike fatty or oily foods & Greta doesn’t like it much when you eat Percy either.

Coffee, beer, lots of baked carby things like bread, croissants, danish pastries, cereal bars, spuds, breakfast cereals, porridge, muesli beans, maybe a pizza, few leaves on the side to help it down.

7 Likes

You’ve got problems lad!

9 Likes

50 minutes in the gym.

5.5k row, donkey kicks, bridges, sumo squats, calf raises and a tiny bit of core work.

7 Likes

Wow, usually have a nap but I was lights out at 5:30 today for 60 mins. Still feeling really groggy. Only had that bike session at lunch time, and a stress free day otherwise.

2 Likes

Meh :man_shrugging:t4:
Can’t remember the last time I drove to a supermarket (order the green £1 online delivery)
Pescatarian at home now. Stopped buying meat as part of the shop at the start of the year. Only for “big” occasions or when my daughter demands a “big breakfast” now :+1:t3:

So I think I’ve earned my CO2 emissions :grin:

Anyway…training.

Rest day today :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

4 Likes

We’re the other way round. After watching Seaspiracy we stopped eating fish, but we eat meat - we don’t eat so much and buy from local farmers. Also, yes to coffee and lots of it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Walking the last km home. Felt hard!

7 Likes

I’ve been on a similar journey. It’s frustrating as heck! Good luck.

2 Likes

And this morning, Matthew, I will be Eric Moussambani :swimming_man:t2::snake::joy:

(AKA: how not to pace 20 x 100m off 1:50)

First five felt easy at a “warm up” pace, so I quickened up…then absolutely blew :exploding_head::see_no_evil:

5 Likes

1m18 for #7 is spicy :+1:

Probably more like 1:20.
Late start, early finish.

Also had someone next to me who was doing that pace but for what appeared to be 500m :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

PB is 1:16, which is from May this year.
I seem to have developed into a better short distance swimmer with my weight gain :+1:t3::swimming_man:t2::grin:

(Also set my 200m PB of 2:40 this year, plus 16.4s for 25m, 1km PB of 14:48 also set this year)

I’ve just had zero consistency. I seem to be quite reasonable after doing 4 x 2km per week for a few weeks, then I get bored, or want a sleep in, so stop going for a few weeks.

1 Like

I went swimming this morning for the first time in about 3 years. Really weird that moment just before you dive in and wonder if you can still swim. As soon as I was in the water it felt like same old same old. I lost count of how far I swam, at least 1500m. Did some random 50m spints now and again to see how fast/slow I was and came in between 45s - 50s. Anyway, I enjoyed it and will be swimming again soon. The main reason I went swimming in the first place was for my lungs, hoping swimming will help get them strong and healthy again post covid.
Also did a 5km trail run with some hills this morning, 34mins - slow I know, but it felt much better than last week. :blush:

Here’s a picture of where I swam - 50m and heated to 24 degrees
grafik

14 Likes

That looks like a cool place Anna, something for everyone there!

1 Like

It is and the other pool in heated to 26 degrees. Plus i had the training pool almost to myself today :+1:

1 Like

Felt a bit better this morning which was pleasing

5 Likes

70km on the TT bike wind was a little reminicent of Lanza at times which I didn’t appreciate particularly. Ave speed above hoped for IM pace but then it should be at 1/3 distance

9 Likes