TriTalk 1.0 - Legacy Website

Of course… but as a new comer here I have one foot in both camps

1 Like

Yes, I suppose in the scheme of things, you are relatively ‘new’ to TT. That said, not many pre 2007 types hanging around any more. Hammerer, Poet and I all joined that year. Internet Triathlon forums didn’t exist when I first started out.

IMJ? I don’t mind the newbies, but the death threats are unwelcome.

Pray tell…

wasnt Gordon Bell “end” that was dishing that out. I then got some pm once about how im a c**t and stuff because i said a Propel doesnt fit me as Im 6ft5!

1 Like

Wow, forgot all about him. When it was all kicking off about the race he cancelled he suddenly popped up on our club FB group trying to flog some Enve wheels for mega bucks. I think he spammed every group he could get on as if he needed some cash pronto.

1 Like

It’s not just the forces, since they changed the rules and L1s can call themselves coaches rather than just assistants I know loads of people who have handed over their £350 within a year of starting triathlon and not only tout themselves as coaches online but walk round with it on their backs, start coaching businesses etc. Some are well meaning and just want to support their clubs and such like but others it’s either a big ego trip or money making scheme (although in reality I’m not sure there’s that much money to go round).

Which event was that again, rings a bell :upside_down_face:

Was it Chester or something like that. Think there was a lot of noise about cancellation and whether he’d paid the relevant fees/staff for it to go ahead.

Rubicon!

Im going to start a new thread on coaching as I’m starting to feel a rant come on :wink:

^^ He definitely crossed a line on that event…

Modelling himself on Fyre festival there :open_mouth:

Thankfully I don’t recall who it was(!)

@Jorgan
The brief version

Me: Helmets for cycling aren’t mandatory, and should not be.
Him/Them: (tirade of abuse, lots of capital letters) people like you make me sick, your drivel is killing people, your comments must be deleted in case someone reads them and then cycles without a helmet because they will die, you should die for this, yada, yada, etc, etc…

I think the people who lost their shit were deleted because I can’t find them anymore. Found another funny one though.

Me: If you’re that worried about missing the swim cutoff perhaps you should reassess your training?
Them: You evil bastard, thank god not everyone is an asshole like you or I would give up, why do you have to be so negative? Get off this thread!

4 Likes

2007? newbies :smile:

1 Like

I joined TT in 2007 and left a few years later, came back this week to find it all a bit empty :confused:

2 Likes

But you came back :large_blue_circle:

2 Likes

Its only a few weeks old Bob. ed_M hasnt input much yet so the past hasnt really joined :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome back @bob_le_bob

I did! The original TT was the first place I found when I wanted to do my first triathlon in 2007 and it was the first place I went when I decided I wanted to have a crack at an ironman.

2 Likes

I had a chuckle when I saw the “you’re so gay” on the new forum, even with the misspelling :wink:

1 Like