TT1TT

My mate at work is the same age as you and I got him to do it today, he got 5:58, but TBF to him he’s had quite a few colds and niggles for about 6 months and hardly trained so it was a decent effort.

Fairly sure he’s been in the 80% range at a slowish parkrun with something like 19:30, and has done sub 19 on a fast course about 3 years ago.

Jeff

Running a mile like this really makes me appreciate just how different the pros are. Eg AB 4.38 per mile, for 10km at the end of a tri, winning gold in London 2012. Really amazing.

I just went out and did my virtual race for the week - the half mile. You guys cool if I just double that and add, say, 5 secs or so?! :wink:

Managed a 2.13, which I was half chuffed with and half disappointed. I think with my current fitness level, having barely run in weeks and only on the comeback, it was a really good result. But I guess at the back of my mind I know what I’m capable of. Well used to be capable of. Curse of getting old I guess! :joy:

3 Likes

This is the thing. We’re all pretty fit, decent athletes as far as the general population goes. Yet most of us couldn’t even run a km at Kipchoge’s marathon pace! That’s less than 2.5% of the race. It’s just nuts!

2 Likes

He’s clearly a way quicker than me then, I’ve not gone under 19.50 for a parkrun for nearly 6 years

1 Like

Where is the list/table of user names and times?

TT1.0 had one on all of these challenges, some muppet would always quote it wrong and lose the formatting, or leave the end quote in place.

I’ve not ran since 3rd April (no cycling since 2nd), but might give this a go today in the 20 degree sunshine.
I’m about 1-2km from the bypass road where I ran my early lockdown half marathon and the 10km last year, so a nice way to get a decent flat time :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to pull it together, but not had the time yet. I’ll do it this week when I’m on my laptop.

3 Likes

Not happening for me today :sob:
See rant/DIY thread

4 x 1 mile today, off 2 mins rest.

Best I could do is 6:09. Very disappointed, I should be able to go much quicker.

May blame hayfever and half (more like three-quarters) of an Easter egg last night.

5 Likes

1 mile=5:35
Age thing=76%

https://strava.app.link/6K0GDC4iL5

I was losing the blood flow to my arms :joy:

9 Likes

that is a quality TT stretch of road., well done bud, nice running.

1 Like

Cycle track converted from an old railway. Soul destroying to run along, but flat as a witch’s tit :wink: :joy:

2 Likes

Alban Way?

No, this one leaves Chester & heads to the North Wales coast.

I’m lucky that it passes my work. A couple of years ago - when I was keen - I took a spray can & marked 2km worth of 200mtr intervals on it.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Flying Sam!

always one, isn’t there :wink:

Chester Millenium Greenway

Great bit of path, that - I used to do the part from Mickle Trafford into Chester.

That part is the near the kennels, going towards Deeside Industrial Estate, yes?

1 Like

That’s the one :+1:

1 Like

Cracking effort, that!