Virtual Zwift Rides

I’ve tried to do this, but it says a user with my zwift ID can’t be found?

Was that for the Alp climb?
I’m having my first real crack at zwift, having been a sufferfest user for 7 odd years.
I clocked 255W for the ride - that also included coming back down though. 273W just for the segment climb - that last 2km hurt.
I seemed to slowly slowly catch everyone when the gradient went past 5%… then as we hit the apexes I went backwards and people flew past :anguished:

No it was a pretty flat Watopia route. But may as well have been on the Alpe!

You may need to play with the realism setting. For racing people set it closer to 30% than 100%. It reduces the amount your trainer increases resistance, however the game calculates your speed from weight/power/incline so it remains fair.

Right I’ve seen that setting… can’t now find it! Clue please??
I left it where it was - so about 50%
Do you change it from 30% or just leave it there all the time? I was quite happy with it on the climbs, seemed fairly real… but soon as I hit a flatter bit, power almost halved (appreciate I need to up cadence or gear to maintain same power that was on the hill, but it changed silly amount)

Ignore that - cause I’m messing at work without turbo connected. On the ingame menu isnt it.

1 Like

the Hare and Hounds race this evening (6pm) Bucko and The Yee are riding it. I might start in the C’s if i do that one

No, it’s far from fair, it’s really hard to put power down in high inertia situations, the pedals are turning too fast for you to press on them, so removing the inertia from the system lets you put more power down on a descent than would be physically possible.

But of course, fairness is irrelevant in this game anyway.

Well in terms of the power you put in compared to the speed you go on screen. But no, the ability to push power on the downhills it make a difference as well as the ability to push consistent power and not burn matches when it gets steep.

Anyone doing anything today, in terms of events to cut my teeth on?

Found this on the time trialling fb page. Might give some a go in the coming weeks…
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/20200319-road-British-Cycling-launches-virtual-ride-series-0

They sound good… at 30 mins long, they’re short enough to not destroy you for a week, but no doubt will be a massive effort too!

Will probably have a go as well… tight chest is feeling much better this morning after a few days of rest, so time to get back on the horse!

Tomorrow? Not gonna have time today.

I definitely need a new laptop. Tried to do a Watopia race at lunch. Laptop just wouldn’t load. It’s a complete dud, despite having meant to be a decent one. It’s been like it since i bought it … annoyed at myself for not just sending it back, but as I hardly ever use it I just didnt get around to it.

Trying to find one that meets the specs without spending a fortune is a minefield

If it’s just for Zwift get an Apple TV or a ipad which can run it. Must be cheaper than a new laptop.

1 Like

Right - mildly off/on topic - but can anyone recommend a phone holder to go on a TT bike so I can faff about waving at people and other important tasks whilst on Zwift?
Only needed for the companion app - but it appears my electrified sweat on a towel is enough to keep changing pages on my phone so I need to try and mount it up the Tri bar extension (ideally)
Ta

Do a complete re-install. Don’t add anything to it other than antivirus SW. Can really transform an old or poorly performing laptop. To make it faster you can also add more RAM

Thanks Jgav - dont need anything for tablet/PC - thats all seperated and nicely shelved (but out of reach).
Got a mouse on table behind me for emergency PC action.
So this is JUST for bog standard mobile phone that I wanna to attach Tri bars

I’ve got a garmin quick release thing for a watch that I was going to glue to the back of my old knackered phone case then mount it on a tt mount. Something like the quad clip or whatever it’s called would work the same. I’ll post a pic if I ever get round to it