Virtual Zwift Rides

I’m racing with a C group and the front of the race is very tactical with really high VI and NP but low AP. The climb makes tactical racing tricky but guess it will be a ride of attrition.

I fully expect ours to fracture. We’ve got so many strong riders in our league. Top 2 fastest TTT out of 449 this week gone.
Think r0Bh has interesting point on the blob on the descent. I’m just not sure where that blob will be for us. Think we’ll have half a dozen off the front - then maybe a blob of 20 forming behind that. I think 50% will be dropped and won’t catch back up; the front group will ride off.
Least its more interesting than all the sprint-fests we’ve had.

I love the flyers who shoot off in times group rides, thinking they’ll get a little gold trophy on ZP, but realise its random.

I like the Innsbruck UCI short course. At least I used to, lost my Diesel engine :frowning:

1 Like

Pfff, that’s me back to Cat A. Not sure why I was 4.3w/kg, as my Garmin file has best 20 min power at 260w :man_shrugging: Can’t help thinking this could be a sticky watt issue…

Down below 240 now.

3 Likes

Bloody game, decided I’d chance the category enforcement race but Zwift would only let me join the cat A race, but I thought it looked like it was a joint start with B’s, 2nd lap and it was fairly obvious they weren’t b’s so I bailed.

Then jumped into the short B race that was 2.5 laps of Harrogate and only 9k, fairly small field and an uphill finish wasn’t going to suit me, dug in for 5th and not far off 2nd.

58 points will help a bit.

5 Likes

Bloody game #2!

Went to do the chasing the sun loop on a group ride, after flying through the sky for the first 30 seconds I could hear the bloke doing the podcast and see the riders names on the bar but road was empty.

Kept going, no badge, POS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Looking at our sign up sheet and riders previous times up the KOM - its an absolute joke.
Loads in the 20-22 min; which is no surprise as thats just up and over the 4wkg.

We also have…
17:42 @5.8wkg
16:33 @5.3wkg
16:35 @5.8wkg (Germans who win every week)
18:36 @4.9wkg (Germans who win every week)

Might not be as much fun as hoped.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Big pack cruising up the hill at 4.1 W/kg then bunch sprint for the KOM points

1 Like

Good luck to everyone racing tonight in the final (proper) race of the ZRL. Bring on the outdoors!!

2 Likes

Lots of Code 7 DQs in the APAC leagues :joy:

Exactly what I am expecting this week. It’s a very fine line to tread to do well vs. a DQ with a 20 minute hill.

Just highlights how ridiculous it is to have the category system entirely based on a 20 minutes effort that is rarely done in Zwift races

And the rampant sandbagging obvs

Yeah looking at that now. 18 of 66 is ridiculous. Only 3 of the front pack scrapped through.

I honestly dont think I can ride at that power to get a DQ - tho annoying those that did get DQ still take points away from rest of field (even tho they get nullified in the final results).

Our league is rife with people playing the system - so its going to be interesting how they “race” - especially with a couple of light weights who I assume aren’t limited to that 4.4wkg limit.

Argh this fucking game!!

Proper cagey climbing… clearly sandbaggers paradise. I went over with 4.3w on the nose at the back of second bunch.

As the 2 front groups merged… Everyone super tucks, except my avatar who flies out the back.
Max effort couldn’t get back on.

Argggghhhh

Edit 11 of 60 DQd.
Inc 3 of my team.
We only needed 4th tonight to finish second. Schoolboy errors. Dunno how more didn’t get DQ tho.
Second from last tonight… Finish in third.

5 Likes

Closest I’ve come to :face_vomiting: over the top of the KOM sprinting for 6th in the group of 3-10, with two off the front solo (although I’m fairly sure at least one of them will be DQed)

We dropped two on the descent then caught the two ahead and immediately dropped one of them (the guy who was first on the KOM solo 30s ahead) so a group of 7 went to the finish, I got 7th at the sprint and 6th at the finish.

FTP increase from 284W to 297W and I’m now “Almost A” :scream:

8 Likes

Snap :rofl:
The top 24 on ZP in our race are either A or almost A now.
I’m not sure we can field a team for the finals now.

1 Like

The top riders in our team have now been upgraded and several teams got DQd meaning we came 2nd overall. We would have won but unfortunately a rider in the earlier TTT got the team DQd.

I think I’m going to have to ride the finals.

4 Likes

They should at least change it so that a single Code 7 doesn’t kick you out of the rest of the season, especially in this instance.

My legs hurt today. As well as best ever 20min power up the KOM I also set best ever 30s and 15s power :thinking: :joy:

3 Likes

2 of or 3 DQs have been reinstated with the change to the enforcement limit.
Put us 3rd on the night and back in 2nd overall.

I didnt find it as hard a race as others (I’ve literally been on the floor the last few weeks) - but my g0d my legs were screaming all night. Still are in fact.

Top work @r0bh cant say I had much left come the sprints - but wasn’t much to race for by then either.

What was the change? I think most of the DQs in our league were re-instated too.