Watcha watchin'?

Reasonable action flick

1 Like

Ah. She said that apparently all I want to watch is action films (which I don’t think is true). So that may not wash! :joy:

2 Likes

Mrs was talking about Grey Man this morning. That’ll be us tomorrow night, absolutely shattered today and I’m off to bed :yawning_face::sleeping:

1 Like

Just watched the original with el niño because of you lot. I loved it as its been a while, he said “they all died too quickly and there wasnt much story” Kids today sigh :rofl:

4 Likes

Convinced her to watch Prey. :ok_hand:t4:

Quite enjoying it. Though she did highlight one major flaw with the whole Predator franchise via one pithy comment ‘oh, he’s not invisible is he? I hate it when they’re invisible, what’s the point?’.

These are supposed to be apex hunters, coming to earth to hunt and win plaudits back home or whatever. But yeah, they can be invisible and are very technologically advanced. So not really much of a challenge is it. The Comanche taking on lions with a stone axe is much more impressive. If you’re invisible and have long range weapons, it’s piss easy. So not much of a predator are you?!

3 Likes

All The Old Knives, Prime

Like it. 8/10 maybe coulda been a 9.

The only thing lacking I think was the depth of tension people feel in those situations. Tandie has it, the others not so much.

2 Likes

Agree with that - got a thumbs up at our house

Yes, but they don’t just come to Earth

Also, if they don’t have all the advantages, then where’s the true peril/horror for our characters.

Just apply movie logic and enjoy it.

Let’s not forget that the best action sequence in this doesn’t involve the Pred

1 Like

Just finished the first season of Severence. It’s pretty good.

And I’m enjoying “For All Mankind”

1 Like

Carter

On Netflix looks promising - fast action packed Korean violent thing

House to myself so can turn it up to 11. Cant decide what to watch. Tenet, Top Gun, Heat are my go to loud ones.

Seen Top Gun and Tenet recently and last time I watched Heat I blew my centre speaker.

Decisions decisions

1 Like

The sandman on Netflix is brilliantly bingeable

Recommend

4 Likes

Not sure thats my sort of thing and worried of wasting a window rattling volume opportunity on something new :grimacing:

2 Likes

Just watched a trailer for this. Cast looks good

2 Likes

Went for Heat. Speakers are replaceable

3 Likes

Half an hour I to The Grey Man. So far so good - easy watching half decent action

2 Likes

Yeah we might try this this week.

Dont waste my mutherfucking time

4 Likes

Finished the Terminal List on Prime - enjoyable

It’s utterly ridiculous

Seen quite a few movies produced by Netflix and Amazon etc that just seem to throw a shit load of money at movies with an emphasis on big names and bigger action.

Huge holes in the plot, lots of swooping drone action shots, it’s like they’re made by computer game inspired teenagers. Having said that, it was a bit of fun. Ryan Gosling is Ryan Gosling. Chris Evans is loving his slightly camp role and Ana de Armas continues on from Bond of looking good and kicking ass

ETA - reminded me of Extraction (Chris Hemsworth Netflix mockbuster)

2 Likes