What Bike

Never heard of Thompson but it looks alright - getting a Zipp disc too.

Safest bet will be the Cervelo though I’d imagine

What’s your race calendar looking like this year Chris? Featuring another Ironman?

P3 looks a little over priced. Maybe local market means a higher price but when I looked at selling mine and tracked stuff that was selling I saw that I would be be lucky to get more than 2k for mine. Mine is newer, had better wheels and a power meter. Did only have Ultegra though vs DA

I think those era P3s had a more agressive geometry to mine.

Agree on the price of the P3 and think she knows it, now opened to ask for offers. FB warning me it’s getting popular, and given I need one of those two bikes (or buy new) I’m getting tetchy (and hence willing to pay a tiny bit extra as know I need the sale to race NZ in 6 weeks.

Wheels clearly a selling point to the Thompson but having never heard of it makes me a tiny bit sceptical. And I can borrow a set of race wheels for NZ if needed.

3 Likes

Not looking…but looking :face_with_peeking_eye:

Current
Canyon speedmax 2012 aluminium
2*10 SRAM something
Reynolds assault 45mm carbon front
Flo fake disc Alu rim

Eyes on.

Argon 18 E-119 TT
Ultegra Di2 2*11
FFW F9 Wheelset (900mm deep) with GP5000
Revolver CXDisc Wheel (GP5000)
Bike is in great condition with a few little paint chips here and there due to wear and tear.
£3500

Can someone please put me off. Cockpit doesn’t look amazing, but still an upgrade.

6 Likes

It’s a natural progression.

Do it.

Looks good. Get it bought

FD isn’t helping stop this

I’ve actually just seen this myself although not particularly interested, looks nice though and decent spec.

I’d ask him if it works on the big chainring though, not that you’ll use it much :rofl:

2 Likes

Bloody hell 165 cranks too.
Mate reckons it’s well over priced… Ticking alot of boxes for me tho.

1 Like

Possibly a bit over but the wheels and Di2 are bumping the cost. The cranks can easily be changed if you don’t like them and 165’s are usually quite sought after.

You could make an offer.

1 Like

I have this bike.

Very well built and the front end is infinitely adjustable if you have all the risers and stuff that comes with the bike from new.

As with most modern tt bikes the front end is very low if you do alot of climbing, the front base bar can be turned the other way around to make the hoods higher, probably less aero but better for me.

With wide wheels, hunt, Walker bros, revolver it can take 30 mm tyres.
28s fit easy.

I got mine for pennies.

1 Like

Yeah I want some.

:sob:
This wouldn’t be so bad if I’d actually got a stash… stupidly like an adult been throwing spare cash at mortgage. Idiot.

4 Likes

People who have thousands in the bank and huge mortgages … no idea.

If I had loans on any of the houses I’d plough all my money into getting rid, especially now.

That Martin financial guy says this all the time.
I honestly thought it was nicked… I wouldn’t get involved in that obviously, 90 min drive to his house to see it wasn’t ( there were pics of him racing on it in the wall )
He had two business and four? kids his misses hated triathlon !
As I was leaving she was saying “
“ Have these too love “ brand new hoka trainers !
He gave me all sorts I mailed him some cash the next day through guilt … !

5 Likes

This one is a steal

4 Likes

Too big for me tho. Medium all the way I think I need.

1 Like

I’ll keep ,looking although I ride a large Trinity and I’m 5’11”

1 Like

Really. Ok interesting.
Loads of local guys all similar size to me (and you) on medium trinity’s
One just a bit shorter on a small !!

1 Like

I always thought the trinity sizing was way out as well. Their sizing guide suggests I’m either small or medium, and right at the bottom end of medium. I’m about 173cm

I’m fairly sure Bongo has a medium? And he’s a similar size.

Hands aren’t a factor for the frame but he probably needs gigantic bars :joy:

Edit, I’ve been looking at them as well, there’s a few deals but usually include stock wheels, but that’s not an issue as I’ve got decent rim brake wheels.

4 Likes

Yes i have a medium. It may not be the best bike for me, but it was what i could get my chunky mitts on. I’m not a fan of the cockpit as it’s not hugely adjustable. But then i paid £900 for it, so can’t really complain.

I keep putting off going for a proper fit, as it’s a lot of money. But just had our pay rise announced for the year, which makes the fit appealing once more! :grin:

3 Likes

Following my accident I’ll be in the market for a new TT bike…any recommendations?
Current one is a 2017 Cannondale Slice which they don’t do anymore :frowning:
One thing I have noticed, the cost of even a new entry level one has gone up A LOT since I got the Slice for £1,200 new from TriUK.
Let me know if you see any good deals out there…

3 Likes