Which IM

How odd, sounds like people weren’t told before hand. It’s hardly likely to be much warmer 2 months earlier next year either.

You’re right, I will do a cycle with an inflatable kayak, to the coast, paddle across with the bike strapped on, etc Put it on tiktok and be a sensation, if any of you use tiktok.

5 Likes

Only if you’ve already done an IM which some of us losers haven’t yet.

2 Likes

I am not an ironman but I am an Ouutlaw x1.66.

Then it will be Challenge for the tatt triumvirate :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, still to get my Mdot, Challenge, Outlaw and 226 tattoos.

1 Like

Too school for cool

1 Like

I think it was to do with the differential between the water and air temps (I saw somewhere that it was around 8 degrees air temp) and so they had two distances set up depending on what the actual temp was in the morning. So in that respect, a July race would be more likely to be unaffected.
I’ve been looking at for next year too, as wedding anniversary is 11th July, so what better way to spend it!

2 Likes

Flight to Zurich, then train direct from airport to Thun on the IC8. It’s a 1.5 hour train ride, really simple.

2 Likes

Speaking to friends at the Triclub it sounds like a cockup, the organisers had multiple excuses, first they said that there was oil in the water, so had to change the course, then they said that it was too cold… 18 degrees water temp is not too cold, seriously.

It’s possible that the oil slick is true, but the organisers, being Swiss, didnt want people to know the lake is not pristinely clean.

4 Likes

Despite doing 9 long distance triathlons, I’ve never done an IM :rofl:

:sweat_smile:

But is it cheaper than Zurich? :wink::sweat_smile:

I think that you know the answer to that question

1 Like

Does IM Wales usually sell out. Its cancelled this year and there are currently still spaces for next year. But assume a lot of places are taken from deferment?

Originally I said I wasn’t interested, but it makes the most sense really.

Used to be dead easy to sign up mid summer but ever since some random rugby player went and done it, it sells out in days

3 Likes

Ah. Maybe I should just sign up for it. Might actually motivate me to start training. Although I’ve been down that route before.

2 Likes

Where are the spaces for next year? Shows as closed on Ironman site

Oh, I’m 90% certain it didn’t say that yesterday when I looked. Bollocks. That’s that plan up the shit. Unless people chose not to defer it might open again maybe?

1 Like

Yes that’s what I keep looking for ….if it opens up I will bang an entry in as the deferral/transfer process seems a little more available I am not so concerned about loosing the money.

If they’re going to open up spots I’d be checking on Monday. The race was supposed to be this Sunday.

With no space for two years I’d imagine they must have a small amount of space. They’ll go quickly I’d imagine though